What hood do i have?

what hood do i have? i need to get a new hood due to the failing fiberglass and it seems finding a new/used hood is very difficult. the hood i have now the fenders come even with the front of the hood under the headlights. most r model hoods i come by have long fenders...my truck also has fenders that are in front of the battery box attached to the frame. it has round headlights and is a rd688s according to the plate on the door.. look at my pics and see if you can id this hood please. thanks for the help

pics?

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Isn't it true that if you have the RD "uglier" style hood, you can just get the western grill to replace the stock grill? I have seen a few that have done that and think it looks pretty cool. I am debating whether doing that or puttting that "attatchment" that is chrome that connects to the bumper (sorta resembles a mustache on mine) I hate the ugly grill on the RD!

Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

I had a '90 RD690S with the same hood/lower fender set-up.Mine was built in Oakville also.Don't think it mattered where it was built,just when.I know another guy who had a new '88 RD688S built in Winnsboro,S.C.,with the same hood also.They do look a little like a set back,but that would have been an RB at that time.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

mack gave me a part number for the hood from my vin. i will have to post it when i get it here infront of my computer to se if it rings a bell to anyone if its the right one...allentown mack says its not available but they gave me a price of $3+k for a shell....id really like to find a good used one with all the extra parts and pieces already on it

I bought a new hood (after a wreck) in '96-'97 from MACK for something like $1275 at the time.They (our local MACK dealer) gave me $200 for what was left of my hood.I wonder if the aftermarket hoods (like a Jones) would work,Jake,if you "trimmed" the bottom of the fender? Just a thought.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Jones has good stuff and uou can leave the turn signal holes on the top shaved and get a signal mounted by the headlight or on the front side of bumper. I think that would look cool and I haven't seen anyone do that.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race!