Hush Mats

I am tearing everything out of the interior of my truck. Radical Muslim mice invaded my cab and made two operating centers , one inside the air conditioner, another behind my seat in back of the cab molding. Has anyone used hush mats in your trucks? I took out the floor mats and that old rug looking thing on the firewall. I plan on going back with everything new. Those glue traps are awesome.

Dynamat all the way my last Superliner had no interior insulation I pulled EVERYTHING out of the truck and put two layers of dynamat on the floor and firewall one layer everywhere else it was AWESOME! Cut the interior noise and heat down by half I could use my cell on speaker phone at 65mph after.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I put in a order for those Dynamats, the best price I found was from Summitt Racing.It costs 150.00 for32 square feet. Other sites were charging up to 220. for the same stuff.

you bumped the scribe a line text that is an option in the posting box.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Last winter I took everything out of the cab of my 1988 RD686SX (seats, all panels, firewall insulation) took doors completely apart and then cleaned everything and then cleaned again. Then I installed Hushmat on every panel that I could get to and a new firewall insulation pad from Mack. I even bought a new National seat. What a difference in noise and insulation. I would highly recommend doing this. It took me about four days and $600.00 but was well worth it.

Last winter I took everything out of the cab of my 1988 RD686SX (seats, all panels, firewall insulation) took doors completely apart and then cleaned everything and then cleaned again. Then I installed Hushmat on every panel that I could get to and a new firewall insulation pad from Mack. I even bought a new National seat. What a difference in noise and insulation. I would highly recommend doing this. It took me about four days and $600.00 but was well worth it.

Post some pictures

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

I used dynamat on the floor of my 78 Trans Am I had. Made a world of difference to cut down road and exhaust tone resonating into the car. I am planning on using it all over on my Formula when ever I get back to that project.

Here is the interior of the B75- after the Dynamat went in a full layer of sound insulating matting. The Dynamat covered everything- also inside the doors. It made a world of difference (I chnaged to grey- couldn't stay with the Mack "baby shit green")-

post-56-0-41240500-1370701247_thumb.jpg

post-56-0-42553600-1370701338_thumb.jpg

I know Dyanamat is expensive. I think there is another product that is just as good but cheaper. Looks great with the matting. I should do that to my R model too down the road.

Cheers, Rob

Roof and window flashing is basically the same at a fraction of the cost..