B81 emblems

Jdiesel25

Hi Superdog, I need at least one set maybe two..........Paul

if you would take 2 sets,that will make 6 sets needed,I'd sure think that would be worth making up some more.I know the last time I ordered emblems from Barry,I needed a set of B83's.The were still listed on the website,but come to find out they were sold out.Had to wait on a new batch,but he got me some.Did notice after that the price went up to $125 per set.I'd think as many B81 's that seemed to have popped up lately,he'd have no problem selling them.

If he doesn't come thru,does anyone have one I could borrow?I've got a friend that had some similar emblems made up out of plastic and then painted them,they would be better than nothing.

Need a set of B-815 emblems myself. If anybody has anything I'd be interested. I'm sure there are a few of us who need them. A guy on E-bay had remade some a few years back but cash eluded me at the time...I'm interested if anybody has anything to offer.

Greg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I had a thought, if Barry can't get any b81 emblems made I was going to look into this digital printing thing and see if I can't get them made out of plastic, it would be better then nothing I guess the only thing is how do they put that Chrome looking coating on plastic. Let me know if you guys would be interested in trying this.

Rudy

Plastic can be plated. The knobs on all our favorite 60's era cars used to be and some were plastic. I'd google and find a plater who is experienced and find out what the requirements of theplastic are before jumping in too deep. It sounds like another run is in order from Watt's. A good used set can be copied too...a small foundry can make up patterns and pour new ones.

Still need B-815 emblems if anybody has some that can be coppied....

Plastic can be plated. The knobs on all our favorite 60's era cars used to be and some were plastic. I'd google and find a plater who is experienced and find out what the requirements of theplastic are before jumping in too deep. It sounds like another run is in order from Watt's. A good used set can be copied too...a small foundry can make up patterns and pour new ones. Still need B-815 emblems if anybody has some that can be coppied....

I just rememberd there is a small foundry in the next town over from me ill look into it see if they can help us.

I emailed Barry again a couple days ago and haven't heard back.

Here's anoption,I have a B-60 emblem someone made out of aluminum,if someone with way more talent than me could make a mold,I don't think it would be that hard to do ,the aluminum could be polished and you could use the 3M emblem tape to put them on,the same could be done with plastic and then painted with chrome paint,wouldn't be perfect but would be better than none.

Anybody know anything about making molds???