These are some early photos of my B-67 restoration. Please forgive the photo quality.

The truck, originally a city tractor in Philadelphia, was really in very solid condition. Minimal body welding required, and in running condition (yard driveable) before the disassembly.

The disassembly began in November 06. Today the frame rails are completely bare, sandblasted and epoxy primed.

The cab has the sheet metal work completed and is in red oxide primer for sanding.

I have a wiring harness coming from Top-O-Hill for a 12v negative ground system, using a single wire alternator.

After a lot of discussion and brain-storming, I decided to go with a 4.28 final drive in the original mack rear end housing on a softened spring stack for ride quality. I am planning a nine speed overdrive transmission behind the original 673P diesel. A Pac exhaust brake is probably in the mix, too. (Keeping my Jake brake for a future project)

Of course new brakes and lines are part of the picture, with maxi brakes on the rear axle.

Staying on the Daytons with new radials all around. Not using my power steering on this truck.

I expect my use of this tractor will be limited to local and light loads. It was my first Mack purchase, and is probably less than an ideal truck for much other than local use. (space limited both inside and under the hood)

But - it will be a heck of a nice local truck! I have a pretty nice 25 ton Eager Beaver lowboy to pull.

I will update with more photos soon.

Paul Van Scott

post-2-1195558936.jpg

post-2-1195558954.jpg

post-2-1195558967.jpg

post-2-1195558977.jpg

post-2-1195558986.jpg

post-2-1195558996.jpg

post-2-1195559009.jpg

post-2-1195559020.jpg

Hey Paul. Glad to hear its moving forward.

On adding pics..........

Look below the box you type in, you'll see a "manage current attachments". There is a box that you can "browse" your computer for pictures and upload them into your post.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Hey Paul. Glad to hear its moving forward.

On adding pics..........

Look below the box you type in, you'll see a "manage current attachments". There is a box that you can "browse" your computer for pictures and upload them into your post.

I think that the problem has to be the Google Picasa photo holding system.

I will take some current pictures and try my old Kodak Easy Share system. Never had any trouble with it. And it's a local company for me.

Paul VS

I think that the problem has to be the Google Picasa photo holding system.

I will take some current pictures and try my old Kodak Easy Share system. Never had any trouble with it. And it's a local company for me.

Paul VS

If there is a nice picture here of my dogs, I think I am making progress!!

No Mack photos on the home computer.

PVS

post-185-1195176296.jpg

Doesn't look like this is any better either. I quit.

No pictures from me.

I'll keep the descriptions coming, and show the trucks for everyone to see.

Sorry,

Paul VS

just keepp on trying you can do it. I would help you but i cant help my self.I was going to post some my self but may not cant do.

glenn akers

Yeah Paul,nice shop and I like that B-67! I had a hard time posting pictures too,so i'd just mail them to Barry to scan and post for me.I like to think the problem was my old PC (STUPID COMPUTERS! ) Ever since I got this new one I haven't had any trouble.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.