this is the closest thing to a shop i've got-a shed packed so full of crap I can barely get in it!

Don't let those pictures of my B-67 fool you.

Shortly after they were taken my uncle Jimmy (also my shop partner - we each have one half of the space and the center area is up for grabs) moved in his old Kenworth W900A and took the front end apart. Then he brought home Morgan's 351 Peterbilt project - now that's in there. Along the way I brought in my Willys pickup (recently sold it) and my Ford Jubilee tractor. Then my spare Mack motors and three transmissions, along with a derelict rear end unit with an air ride system I thought I might make use of. (Another failed brain fart)

So the real truth is that you can't walk around in my shop either! In fact we spend more time moving stuff around than we do actually working on anything.

Years ago I built a shop for one of my uncles, a retired master mechanic. At the time I couldn't understand why he would not let me build him a bench.

All he said was "if I have the space, I will fill it with junk".

Truer words were never spoken.

Seriously, we have been pretty fortunate in the equipping of our shop. My uncle has semi-retired from his heavy haul trucking operation, and I have been in the building business for a long time, and both of us have been involved in automotive and racing projects all of our lives.

So we have gathered up stuff along the way.

The shop space itself is rented from a good friend in his large excavating business facility. The building was originally used for the manufacture of pre-cast concrete beams, and it is huge with 22' ceilings. So the electric service is three phase and heavy duty. It is well heated and well lit, clean and comfortable.

We have a new 24 x 40 x 20' high Gorbel bridge crane that is powered in all directions and has a 6000# electric hoist. It's a neat toy! (Gorbel is a local company, literally adjacent to my back yard). Got a large air compressor set up. And between us we have a good selection of heavy 3/4" and 1" drive air wrenches for the big stuff. Came up with a good used 5000# propane fork lift. And we have an older large Lincoln wire feed welder and plasma cutter, and a couple of sets of torches.

We are also lucky enough to have a large quarry yard very close by that we park all of the trailers and "future projects" in. (Jimmy still owns around sixteen trailers of all shapes & sizes, mostly lowboys and variants of lowboys like beam trailers, step decks, jeeps and stingers) All out of sight and fenced & locked.

This is something that we have planned on for a long time, and I think it is coming together better than we had envisioned. We are feeling pretty blessed, and both of us are looking forward to retirement and working on our trucks.

Paul VS

this is a nice looking B-67 that was on the F.L.Moore and Sons calendar this year-best looking truck on the calendar.Didn't say who owned it or where it was from.

That's a real nice B-67. It's a little unusual with the black frame and blue fuel tanks and fenders.

The common two tone seems to be the frame, fenders and the fuel tanks are the same.

Good colors on the old girl.

Thanks,

Paul VS

gvam,

Check the web for AllMacks in Harpersfield, NY. (allmacks.com)

Kevin All has a lot of restorable trucks on site, and he has been a great guy to deal with.

It's worth a trip for you (maybe 4 hrs.) to his facility to see the inventory.

My B-67 was originally a Beck Motor Freight tractor from Philadelphia. It will be finished as a

composite of about three trucks, as a result of the cab rust and changing the rear end & transmissions.

I may be going a little farther with the restoration work than I needed to, but the end result is a truck that I know I can depend on

for regular use. I absolutely hate things breaking when I'm using them, so I am willing to do what's necessary while their in the shop.

A truck like this could have been roadable without taking the cab off, and without ever removing the engine or transmission, if someone

were just going to ride around on Sunday afternoons and go to the shows once in a while. Still a great toy, just not as useful as a

completely renovated example.

That's what is nice about the old trucks - anything goes! And everybody likes them. And - they can be finished over time, at your convenience.

If I can be of any help with your project, please feel free to contact me through BMT.

Thanks,

Paul Van Scott

Thanks Paul, I will check that other site out. I'll keep you posted.

I am on the same page as you regarding restorations. Although I have not tackled a heavy truck, yet I have done smaller ones. I do not like to break down either. Do it right the first time