Warm weather brings injury

JTFormula

Yesterday was beautiful so I decided to get the toys ready for the season. I charged up the battery on the Alfa Romeo, fired up two out of three motorcycles and cleaned the inside of the boat. I let the cabin air out for a while then I close it up. As I am done, I get down on swim platform then drop off to the ground.

As I touch the grass, I hear and feel POP! My ankle gave out. I take a minute developing new curse words then hobble my ass back into the house. I pull my sock off and I had a golfball size (well if you cut it in half) bulge sticking out of my foot. Sucker was tender to touch. My wife grabs an ice pack and I elevate my foot.

I figured instead of going to the emergency room I'll hold off until today to see my Dr. I am not going to pay hospital copays over the $30 Dr office visit. The verdict, a sprained ligament. Got to stay off that foot and take it easy for a couple days to a week depending on how it heals.

So we have beautiful 70-80 degree weather coming this week and I can't ride my motorcycles or drive anything with a clutch as this is my left foot. Nuts!

Broke my left arm Mach 17, had surgery on it March 25, went back to "light duty"at work March 27, drove truck today for the first time since since March 15. I have to pace myself. I am not to sure about throwing straps or rolling a tarp, but today I was driving the six-wheeler and that went good. Get well soon. -Brad

I lived in a house with a concrete driveway that had about a 4" drop to the grass at the edge, I got my 84 and was cleaning the cab out stepped out backwards ans landed my left ankle on that edge. I probably said the same words you did, went inside pulled my work boot off and my ankle was swollen all the way around it just about doubled when I got the boot off. I didnt want to go to the doctor but had someone else there that had "leverage" on me and made me go. Long story short, sprain a week off and my ankle hasn't been as flexible since. She didn't get to use that" leverage" again for a couple weeks!

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Hope you will be Ok soon.

It's sad of course to not starting biking after so long cold season but we should always remember that the life can be any moment worther.

So just relax and enjoy the time you are waisting. Because (everybody knows) it's not waisted.

Saw some first bikers today when drove over the city.

Just 6 degrees above the freezing point and snow hills aside roads.

Lust to do it also but this year I lust more to put Mack on a road.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Ohhh man. Crooked pictures!!!! Watch out for Ken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!

Bummer on the foot. I stepped off my pickup years ago to the railroad ties along the driveway where I grew up. Twisted my left foot, but didn't damage it. I was limping for about a week. I only had two pickups and both were sticks. I thought of the tragedy of doing something really bad to myself and having to drive somewhere.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Chicks dig scars Vin!

If so I'm the man, I'm like 80% scar tissue by now. I actually tried to remember where some of em came from the other day and I realized my brain must be scar tissue too! I can't remember crap!

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

If so I'm the man, I'm like 80% scar tissue by now. I actually tried to remember where some of em came from the other day and I realized my brain must be scar tissue too! I can't remember crap!

You must be picking up more chicks than OD on the side of the road!

post-11944-0-82134000-1365595863_thumb.j

• Like 1

Id check out Lisa's sleeper if she let me! I think that was her name I only actually watched that show while I was out for hernia surgery last year. I can tell you this much about scars Vinny, they may be chic magnets but they can be a PITA too! And whatever you did to get em probably wasn't worth it. I have truck scars, 4wheeler scars, furniture moving scars, hot asphalt scars, bullet scars, hell I even have a pencil scar on my leg, figure that one out! I look back and wonder why or better how I'm still here sometimes. I have some loss of feeling in my hands and fingers, my bottom lip and after that hernia surgery my happy trail, and it doesn't come back. Got so many scars if I went to prison they'd have to get an appropriation to cover the cost of the team that catalogued my identifying marks!

Id check out Lisa's sleeper if she let me! I think that was her name I only actually watched that show while I was out for hernia surgery last year. I can tell you this much about scars Vinny, they may be chic magnets but they can be a PITA too! And whatever you did to get em probably wasn't worth it. I have truck scars, 4wheeler scars, furniture moving scars, hot asphalt scars, bullet scars, hell I even have a pencil scar on my leg, figure that one out! I look back and wonder why or better how I'm still here sometimes. I have some loss of feeling in my hands and fingers, my bottom lip and after that hernia surgery my happy trail, and it doesn't come back. Got so many scars if I went to prison they'd have to get an appropriation to cover the cost of the team that catalogued my identifying marks!

Hernia surgery... I've been putting mine off for about 4 years now, but every time I grab a hold of an 11r24.5 to load it in the truck I'm reminded that I need to get on it. Lol How long did it put you down for?

Jake

I came out of it pretty fast I took 3 weeks and 3 days off work then just took it easy for a while till it felt good. I think I was only down for about 24 -36 hours but moving slow for a good week.