Allentown, PA Spring Thaw Fire Flea Market

paulromano

Let me first say if I am posting something that is not appropriate for this section of the Forum, please accept my apology and let me know so that I can move it.

I just wanted to let interested members know that I will be setting up at Allentown, PA for the Union Historical Fire Society Spring Thaw fire memorabilia and equipment marketplace on Sunday, April 21, 2013. I am bringing an assortment of Mack related items with me including Rostand Bells, Original bell brackets for B Models, C Models and L Models, a Mack extinguisher, Mack hood trim for L Models, some oil filters for 707 Gas motors, Misc. motor parts for 707 gas motors, fender steps for rear fenders of B Model apparatus and other stuff that I haven't packed yet. I will be in the same 8 spaces that I have had for the last 25 or so years. This market has changed tremendously over the years and the number of people that bring "Heavy Metal" is dwindling steadily. I don't know how many more years I will continue setting up so don't put off visiting until next year if you need something tough. Thanks,

I have a large number of Mack Manuals for FIre Apparatus that I have collected over the years. I am trying to whittle down my stuff so if you need a particular manual, shoot me a note and I will let you know if I have it. I have none for L Models and mostly B Model B-85, B-95, B-125 available.

Paul Romano

Sanbornville, NH

Edited by paulromano

This market has changed tremendously over the years and the number of people that bring "Heavy Metal" is dwindling steadily.

Couldn't agree with you more Paul. "The Thaw" has rapidly been turning into a giant blue-light a t-shirt show for the last 6 or 7 years. The vast majority of these kids today could care less about antique apparatus- if it has a third pedal they treat it like it has some communicable disease. Lately The Thaw has been just a place for me to see old friends I have not seen in a while, and to find good books and yes, occasionally a part or piece of equipment that I need.

What part of the building are you in? I am sure I have walked past you before- I will make it a point to stop by and say hello. You wouldn't happen to have a 4.5" floating strainer, would you???

• Like 1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Mark your calendar now!

The Union Historical Fire Society 2013 Spring Melt is scheduled for Saturday, April 20th for the Auction, doors open at 7:00 a.m. and Auction starts at 9:00 a.m. & Sunday, April 21st for Fire Memorabilia Marketplace, doors open at 9:00 a.m.. Location is at the Allentown Fairgrounds Agri-Plex Expo Center 302 N. 17th St, Allentown, PA 18104. Space is available for new vendors for the Spring Melt. If you are interested, Please contact: Mike Kush 2729 Redington Road, Hellertown, PA 18055 or email: MIKE723@ENTERMAIL.NET , or you can visit the Union Historical Fire Society website, www.unionhistoricalfiresociety.com and download a vendor form from there. The form is located under Spring Melt

Thanks Guys! We are in spaces 181, 182, 183, 196, 197, 198 at the diagonally opposite corner from the entrance, right across from the small food window.

Albert: I think the steps will fit a later L Model but will post a photo when I dig them out.

1958FWD: don't have a floating strainer, sorry.

Fxfymn: I would love to see Charlie B. It's been a while.

I found a bunch of older Fram filters that I got while cleaning out a large department's garage years ago. The mechanic had marked some for a Mack 673T diesel motor. They are Fram number PH49A and also some Fram filters, number C-30P that list some ALF and Seagrave motors, image below.

post-2291-0-98957800-1364581085_thumb.jp

Edited by paulromano

ok so what day is it guys? or what day is better to go? i plan on driving down for one day.

Saturday is the auction. Usually high-dollar items such as leather parade hats, presentation speaking trumpets, restored gamewell cabinets, stuff like that. Bring a very very big wad of large bills. OR you can come on Sunday to the flea market with us poor folks.

Hey Carl you have any plans for dinner on Sat night? Hit me up, I could be talked into going to the Tilted Kilt!!!

Carl and I ate at an italian restaurant near the fairgrounds. Host staff does not meet the level of TK but the food was EXCELLENT!

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

I'll be there both days and giving the UHFS the extra $$ to get into the flea market early.

Randy; Haven't made dinner plans yet, but I gave up getting anything but a hydraulic sandwich at the titty bars a long time ago.

Paul: Charlie is reluctant at best; He was at the house today working on his newest truck, a 56 Ford F-350; ex FOMOCO plant protection truck from their Nashville glass plant. He is doing a total re-build and it is wearing on him a bit.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yeah I've seen those....FWD referred to them as the "Ghetto Model" or the "ball-peen hammer your fingers to get over the misery" model.......They came with a dozen floor pans, 6 tons of kitty litter, three cases of ear muffs, and lifetime loss-of-hearing related medical benefits.

• Like 1