how many superliners were made ?

The R Series of trucks included R, RB, RD, RM, RW, RL/RS Models.

Model Production: Years:

R Model 225,596 1965 to 1990

RD Model 113,673 1970 to 2004

RB Models 7,548 1988 to 2005

RM Models 3,220 1972 to 1989

RW Models 20,220 1977 to 1993 Includes Hayward and Macungie

RS/RL Models 27,698 1966 to 1987 Includes Hayward and Macungie

Grand Total 397,955

Source- Data from Mack Trucks Historical Museum, December, 2012

Between 1978 & 1993 20,280 superliners where produced in total by Mack in the US I have the breakdown by model and engine if you are interested.

I am how many per engine porfavor? Especially the E9, KT trucks. Thanks, Ryan

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

The R Series of trucks included R, RB, RD, RM, RW, RL/RS Models.

Model Production: Years:

R Model 225,596 1965 to 1990

RD Model 113,673 1970 to 2004

RB Models 7,548 1988 to 2005

RM Models 3,220 1972 to 1989

RW Models 20,220 1977 to 1993 Includes Hayward and Macungie

RS/RL Models 27,698 1966 to 1987 Includes Hayward and Macungie

Grand Total 397,955

Source- Data from Mack Trucks Historical Museum, December, 2012

Thanks for posting!!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

also i wonder why in 1990 sales of superliners declined so heavily . i can see why they stopped making them . i wonder if the ch series cut into the sales . i think that if they kept making the rw sales would have exploded in the mid 90s when the 427/454 engines and classic long nose conventionals became the big thing

• Like 1

So if I read that right there were 989 RW 613's in 85, hmmm my s/n is 1255. I never can remember which is which so what do the numbers mean? Come on Superdog tell me again.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

So if I read that right there were 989 RW 613's in 85, hmmm my s/n is 1255. I never can remember which is which so what do the numbers mean? Come on Superdog tell me again.

Wonder where those 1 off RWL762/768 trucks went, be nice to find in a field cheap.

• Like 1

I see numbers for Hayward and numbers for Macungie......what about the Superliner II's built in Oakville?

I know there was an RW643 (60 series Detroit assembled in Oakville that never hit the road)

Edited by bbigrig
  • Like 1

And the RW 743/752

If I remember right, :mack1: serial #'s started with 1000.If thats true,yours would be the 255th off of the line of RW613's.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

There ya go, good info someone has probably already given me and now I can add your comments to the list of things I can't remember past 24hrs. Lol!

There ya go, good info someone has probably already given me and now I can add your comments to the list of things I can't remember past 24hrs. Lol!

I hear ya! Hell, I can't remember my name half the time! :loldude: Don;'t worry about it,it gets worse with age!!

So if my vin is Rs786lst32474 it was the 31,474 off the line? What did I miss? There were only 27698 made??

for some reason,Hayward used a whole different system when it came to VIN #'s.They did not give each model its own set of numbers.I don't know if they started with 1001 or 0001 but each truck built was the next consectutive number,be it a RL763 or a FS715.

for some reason,Hayward used a whole different system when it came to VIN #'s.They did not give each model its own set of numbers.I don't know if they started with 1001 or 0001 but each truck built was the next consectutive number,be it a RL763 or a FS715.

Thanks,.... I was always scratching my head with how their number system worked.