Pardon my absence. Got a question.

Well first of all wanted to appolgize for my absence. I had college mid terms and they took up a good chuck of my time... Well im back! lol

Next is im looking at this single axle r model mack dump truck. Ive been getting really busy doing dump truck loads with the f350. I did 3 hauls today after class and about 7 or 8 over the weekend... I got loads planned all this week. So im wondering if its time to update a little?? I found this truck on truck paper and its exactly what im looking for.

http://www.truckpaper.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=3972895

Opinions?

Tom

• Like 1

"Nothing Breaks Wind Like A Bulldog"

Assuming you already have a cdl.? I personally question their "rebuilt motor". Questionable at best from what I see from the outside pics. Be certain you can derive enough income to pay all the added expenses of running a larger truck. The guys on this forum would be much better on the overall picture. Truck itself doesn't look bad for the age, price sounds alittle off to me. Document rebuild, professional or back yard mechanic with Mickey's help? Tires aren't very good on the front. No matter what you buy prepare to invest in order to KNOW what you have. My 2 cents for what its worth. Good luck...........remember grades are more important than work at least for now........best wishes!

Assuming you already have a cdl.? I personally question their "rebuilt motor". Questionable at best from what I see from the outside pics. Be certain you can derive enough income to pay all the added expenses of running a larger truck. The guys on this forum would be much better on the overall picture. Truck itself doesn't look bad for the age, price sounds alittle off to me. Document rebuild, professional or back yard mechanic with Mickey's help? Tires aren't very good on the front. No matter what you buy prepare to invest in order to KNOW what you have. My 2 cents for what its worth. Good luck...........remember grades are more important than work at least for now........best wishes!

Yes got my cdl a little over a month ago, I agree, i would like to see documentation about the motor... Theyre about 6 hours away from me... I haul anything from stone, dirt, mulch, QP, top soil... ETC. Last summer i got leased out to a landscape company hauling leaves in the fall. I think i can pay for the added expenses. but would like more opinions on what others think! Thanks for your help!!!!!!

Tom

That was progressive and try gave me a quote for my 550 at 14000 a year. I just got insurance on the 550 for 2800 a year. So I just gotta keep shopping for insurance for the dump truck and hopefully it'll work out...

How does the truck look?

Tom

That's probably not a bad little truck for the age, but I feel like they're asking about twice what it's worth. $14,000 per year insurance? Yikes. I'm 27, I've got two tickets on my record, been trucking for myself for 3 years, and around $2500 a year is all I've ever had to pay for full coverage with $1,000,000.00 liability. I had Progressive once upon a time, but now I'm with Sagamore. Probably not as good a company but affordable.

Jake

is that why there are so many in that area? I thought it was because of the city.

insurance can't be that much diffrent between the two unless you try to register it under 26K, if you do then your are setting yourself up for failure if you get stopped while loaded

"If he goes to a tandem his registration in Jersey will be $5,000.00 per year. If he stays with a single axle his registration will be just under $600.00."

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

It has something to do with tandems. New York is cheaper. My title was screwed up with my R model since it was a built truck it was originally a tandem axle tractor. When we went to Trenton to register it we didn't bother looking at the title and we said it was a dump and she says ok it'll be $4,900.00. We then realized the title was screwed so we had to go to another building to change it. You know how many times when I worked for L.Demarino that the plates were due and he would say Ok I'll register you because your running the road on work and I'll not register you because I don't have the 5 grand and I owe taxes and you are working on site so you can sneak over to the job I got caught by the town cop. I was empty. He called the county in to weigh me because when you don't have plates they weigh you from zero and the tare on this truck was 30,000 lbs.

There were two or three single axle Mack's on Craigslist for under $10,000. I think around $8k really. Do a search with search tempest within a 200 miles radius and you'll find them.

Most important is to get your insurance quotes from several different companies before buying another cdl truck.

There were two or three single axle Mack's on Craigslist for under $10,000. I think around $8k really. Do a search with search tempest within a 200 miles radius and you'll find them.

Most important is to get your insurance quotes from several different companies before buying another cdl truck.

I got ya JT! Thanks!

Tom