When Mack Roamed Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Western Asia

Dutch book tells it was originally DM800 and worked in some steel factory in Germany. Next they put Cruiseliner cab and 600hp Cummins on it.

On the last photo there is Russian Volga car, probably the police one in the German Democratic Republic (East Germany or GDR).

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Dutch book tells it was originally DM800 and worked in some steel factory in Germany. Next they put Cruiseliner cab and 600hp Cummins on it.

On the last photo there is Russian Volga car, probably the police one in the German Democratic Republic (East Germany or GDR).

Vlad,

Great bit of info! What is the title of the Dutch book????

Rick

Richard Mark

Owner / Master Model Maker

Industrial Model Design
Ap40rocktruck

The chassis is supposed to be a DM-800SX.

It belonged to a heavy hauling firm in Trostberg, Germay (Upper Bavaria) named Uwe Kruck GmbH (perhaps formerly known as Krause).

The truck was assembled in 1977.

Kruck (or Krause) ordered a Cruise-Liner cab from a German Mack dealer called Bonnes. (I show the Mack distributor for West Germany during the eighties was Bayerisch Transport Union in Munich)

A 27-liter 600hp Cummins V-12 was retrofitted in conjunction with the cab installation.

From 1980, there is mention of it being operated by a large industrial plant near Hamburg (northern Germany) on-site for its own internal use.

The truck is supposed to still exist with a company called Nievelstein in Landgraaf, The Netherlands.

The MR with the sleeper looks better than the standard non sleeper, and using some parts from the fire truck version of the MC, wouldn't have been too hard to build.

I agree. What a brilliant way for Mack Trucks to target the European brand low cab forward sleepers like the Scania "P" and Volvo "FL" with a very price competitive product.

At least in the UK, the MC was called the "Cruise-Hauler".

post-5381-0-15019900-1366682735_thumb.jp

post-5381-0-27475700-1366682767_thumb.jp

post-5381-0-79211900-1366682788_thumb.jp

post-5381-0-78787200-1366682792_thumb.jp

Vlad,

Great bit of info! What is the title of the Dutch book????

Rick

Rick, the book title is "De historie van Mack trucks in Nederland".

Interesting and with good pictures. And you might enjoy the fact they have a rich the history indeed.

It has been written in Dutch though. I understand it in general when reading because I speak German a bit.

Those languages are close to each other.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Rick, the book title is "De historie van Mack trucks in Nederland".

Interesting and with good pictures. And you might enjoy the fact they have a rich the history indeed.

It has been written in Dutch though. I understand it in general when reading because I speak German a bit.

Those languages are close to each other.

Thanks Vlad,

I will add this one to my list of must haves!

Rick

• Like 1

Richard Mark

Owner / Master Model Maker

Industrial Model Design
Ap40rocktruck

• 1 month later...

Hello there,

Thought I would add a couple of pics of Macks I seen during my time travelling around Central Asia.

These Iranian ones were seen in a Truck park in Turkmenistan..........can't tell you the models.....I'm clueless on that

iranianmack333_zps4eb1d971.jpg

iranianMACK222_zpsc3b58997.jpg

• Like 2

Hello there,

Thought I would add a couple of pics of Macks I seen during my time travelling around Central Asia.

These Iranian ones were seen in a Truck park in Turkmenistan..........can't tell you the models.....I'm clueless on that

Those left and right fuel tanks look to be around 600 liters each (about 160 gallons). That would give these Iran Kaveh Mack R-models quite a range.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi this is my first post in this forum, i'm a big fan of the old U.S vehicles , Mack is one of my best favorite trucks make and it is very rare in my country Algeria, yesterday my friend Akram sent me pictures of 3 destroyed Mack R-Series he found in Ouled Derradj junkyard, east Algeria, so i was happy and sad in the same time because i was waiting to see this trucks again here (i didn't see them from the '90), but at least in good condition, so unfortunately it wasn't, mr.Akram tried to get more info's like what company did use them or what are the owners but he couldn't make it, may be another time he will return and try to get more info's, this is their pictures:

3PcB3M7.jpgAkram and the Mack

L76Lwqx.jpg

0eEWAii.jpg

ETqNgMQ.jpg

sstRGI8.jpg

TI8rtwt.jpg

CHeO8Tc.jpg

ENSK6xV.jpg

And it would be very nice if someone have photos about Mack trucks in Algeria, so please share them in this topic and if they are from another U.S trucks/cars makes sent me in personal message, thanks.

• Like 2