'87 R686ST Tandem 24' Rollback - SE PA

brad_kelly

Folks -

*** UPDATED - corrected model year is 1978, cab is 1987, was replaced at some point ***

I noticed this R-model for sale near where I work; talked with the owner's dad about it, and got permission to post it in out here in cyberspace. Here is what I saw and know, I may have more info in the next few days. I did not hear the truck run, just saw it in person and took pictures. If you are interested in the truck, please call 215-699-4012 8 AM to 5 PM Eastern Time, that will get you more information much faster than I can. I'm new to Macks, so forgive me if I mess up a little here.

1978 Mack R686ST

Maxidyne, 5-speed

VIN R686ST26764

58400 GWVR

$10K in recent work done to rear end, etc.

24' rollback bed with winch

Clean truck, decent rubber

Truck is in North Wales, PA 19454; North Wales is about 20 miles north of Philadelphia, and 25 miles south of Allentown, about 10 minutes from I-276 and I-476.

Price is $15,000.

Link to photo album with quite a few pics (you'll need to scroll down a bit): http://s1327.beta.photobucket.com/user/brad_kelly01/library/Mack%20R686ST#/user/brad_kelly01/library/Mack%20R686ST?page=1&_suid=1363309707491011449932641972799

Teaser photo is attached.

Take care,
Brad

post-13863-0-00745700-1363309935_thumb.j

Edited by brad_kelly

Hey JT -

Thought you might be interested!

Price is $15K - right now they're firm on that, but you never know. Have to say for an '87 with a that size complete body it's not a bad price (they told me they need something longer). Anyway, give them their business a call at 215-699-4012 daylight hours. If you need more pictures, let me know I can run and get them - else Butch or his son will have the details you'll need. I hope it works out for you, if you come by to look let me know maybe I can swing by and say hi, I work about two miles away.

BTW, I can't believe I left the price out, sorry about that. I went back and edited the post so it's there now.

Take care,
Brad

Edited by brad_kelly

Hey JT -

Thought you might be interested!

Price is $15K - right now they're firm on that, but you never know. Have to say for an '87 with a that size complete body it's not a bad price (they told me they need something longer). Anyway, give them their business a call at 215-699-4012 daylight hours. If you need more pictures, let me know I can run and get them - else Butch or his son will have the details you'll need. I hope it works out for you, if you come by to look let me know maybe I can swing by and say hi, I work about two miles away.

BTW, I can't believe I left the price out, sorry about that. I went back and edited the post so it's there now.

Take care,

Brad

A little out of my budget at this time. I just have to wait until I get more saved up. I really want to do a B rollback but these R's are awesome. There was a really clean one on eBay a couple months ago with super nice blue paint, aluminum wheels, really well kept with an asking price of $15k or best offer. I'd have to paint this thing. I am not feeling the yellow.