B-Model Exterior Colors

:bulldog3:I'm getting ready to repaint my B-613, it is rustfree and an extremely clean example for a 1960 Model.

Here is my dilemma .....What color to paint it?

Mack Green or Mack Red ?

It was painted Mack Green originally, but was repainted in the early 70's.

The original owner chose to repaint the exterior a non Mack Dark Green, and did a very nice job.

It's still very well preserved and quite presentable.

This truck has been stored inside since '72 , it has only only been driven about 10K miles miles since.

I'm a purist when it comes to the exterior colors, and even though it's still not really in need of paint. I want to paint it an original color before the beginning of summer.

I like both colors,and to paint it Red I'd have to remove the cab to do it justice.

I've got to choose one or the other.

I'm partiaI to green(easier) but still undecided. :SMOKIE-LFT:

I like the green,myself.There is plenty of red ones out there (not that its a bad thing).But hey,its your truck and this is still America (for now)!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Well since it came from the factory green i would go with green.

I should have elaborated on why I even considered Mack red.

I've owned a whole lot of Macks thru the years and Mack red was the color of my first one my second ,third,fourth,fifth,sixth and more than I would care to try to type. It was my Company Color and when I bought a used one it went thru my body shop to be painted red.

Even new ones were always ordered Mack red, so to paint (a keeper) anything but red is almost like being disloyal to "the one that brung me" I genuinely like Mack green and have owned green ones thru the years,just a whole lot more that were red. So now you see why I have a dilemma.

Green with black fenders is pretty hard to beat. Any chrome or pinstriping will really pop against the dark colors compared to the red.

• Like 1

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

This B-613 is an exceptional example of the B-Model and it wouldn't be a candidate for anything less than a first class OEM colored repaint.

After the B-613....

I plan on doing an Andy Zary type B-Model next and wanna power it with an electronic 460 and maybe even an 18 speed trans(not an 18 spd quad).

I've accumulated most of the late model parts required, and it being such a a large challenge.

I don't intend to start until maybe Sept.

I see it as a winter project.