Pictures of the Week

other dog

Do y'all remember Pharoah's Truckstop? I used to love stopping there. A 16 ounce T-bone steak dinner was $7. That was the one place I always made it a point to stop at when I went up 81. Because of the food of course, not the mini skirts :whistling: . Then somebody else took it over and it wasn't nearly as good, now it's closed.

I used to stop in there when it was still Pharoah's,always was able to find a place to park,good food and usually some pretty nice scenery (waitress-wise) too! really went downhill the last few years it was open................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Speaking of waitresses....that is the subject....right? :tease:

Seems most waitresses these days are "less than attractive mature or young" females or girls with tattoos and nose, lip, or eyebrow rings. And they all wear black tops and pants. Oh, never mind my comment about wearing black. Considering how they look...black may be best. Then there are the male waiters...tattoos and piercings too. I am very tempted at times to "refuse" service from these "freeks". Just sayin'.

Bring back the 70s when women (and guys) took pride in how they dressed and looked. Long live mini-skirts and hot pants.

The person who invented stretch pants in "plus" sizes should be "shot".

Okay, I feel better now! :banana:

Hmmm, wonder how many I PO'd with this post rant? think2.gif

HOW CAN YOU THINK LIKE THAT ON A SUNDAY?

have to wait til after 10 at least

• Like 1

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Other dog I live about 14 miles die west of the car and truck on the poles, I'm off the blue mtn exit of the pa cash grabber. Anyway Pharos was a cool place at one time then a group of Indians(dotheads) bought the place and ran it into the ground. I stopped going there the food was horrid and you didn't even want to see the rest rooms, biological hazards just plain nasty. Now a group of Investors is looking to buy the property and make a scrap metal transfer station out of part of the property. May reopen the truckstop if they get a major restaurant chain to locate there.

Other dog I live about 14 miles die west of the car and truck on the poles, I'm off the blue mtn exit of the pa cash grabber. Anyway Pharos was a cool place at one time then a group of Indians(dotheads) bought the place and ran it into the ground. I stopped going there the food was horrid and you didn't even want to see the rest rooms, biological hazards just plain nasty. Now a group of Investors is looking to buy the property and make a scrap metal transfer station out of part of the property. May reopen the truckstop if they get a major restaurant chain to locate there.

Mike - been thru your town several times. For 7 or 8 years the wifey and I stayed at a B&B in Stoughstown. Got off the PA greenstamp at Blue Mtn exit and went cross country (Newburg and Oakville) to the B&B. BTW, my brother-out-law used to live between Green Spring and Newville.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

OD
The pictures of Bedford reminded me Do you ever pull abrasive grit out of Wheelbrator in Bedford

I was in there quite often with a van trlr for the last few years before I retired. Back Hauls from our DC in Luray to Laredo.

Brocky

Brocky

OD

The pictures of Bedford reminded me Do you ever pull abrasive grit out of Wheelbrator in Bedford

I was in there quite often with a van trlr for the last few years before I retired. Back Hauls from our DC in Luray to Laredo.

Brocky

I have loaded there before Brocky, but not recently. Probably been 10 or 12 years or more.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I went out to get the paper this morning, and passed through Winfall on the way to the paper box. Had to stop and wait while this girl pushed a big wooden block out of the road. I think maybe she wanted me to give her a hand with it, I didn't know for sure though, so I didn't.

post-1374-0-18662300-1362338933_thumb.jp

• Like 2

I went out to get the paper this morning, and passed through Winfall on the way to the paper box. Had to stop and wait while this girl pushed a big wooden block out of the road. I think maybe she wanted me to give her a hand with it, I didn't know for sure though, so I didn't.

attachicon.gifhowimg_4662.jpg

HOLY MACKERAL! thats some nice caboose right there!.....................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Yeah, sure you did Jim. We know you only run from Pittsburgh to Sharon to Morgantown to Moorefield to Romney to Altoona to Fairmont to Uniontown to Washington and back to Pittsburgh every night. Hard to pull the wool over our eyes, we're pretty sharp!

We had to drop Moorefield when the trucks were bumped down to 65 mph. BTW, with your routing skills, you should consider a job as an ltl p&d dispatcher. BTW BTW, Friday night's run was Washington (PA) to Pittsburgh to Washington to Harrisburg to Cumberland (MD) to Washington. :tease:

Jim

We had to drop Moorefield when the trucks were bumped down to 65 mph. BTW, with your routing skills, you should consider a job as an ltl p&d dispatcher. BTW BTW, Friday night's run was Washington (PA) to Pittsburgh to Washington to Harrisburg to Cumberland (MD) to Washington. :tease:

It would take me 2 nights to complete that mission.

It would take me 2 nights to complete that mission.

562 miles, just over 10.5 hours drive time. The 66 mile Pittsburgh turn eats almost 2 hours of drive time because of the location and the time of day, there was also an accident on I-376 coming back.

I was driving a Pinnacle. Had I been in my Volvo someone would've had to come fetch me wherever the clock ran out.

Jim

Once again, I took some pictures this week. Had to take a van to the nucular pire plant in Buchanan, N.Y. and drop it on site for Areva, then bobtail back. Got paid both ways, but it rained most of the way back, and it's never fun to bobtail in the rain.

attachicon.gifimg_4639.jpg

This picture is actually the containment building. As far as I know only U.S. reactors have them made of concrete. I think Chernobyl was a metal building of some kind. The plant where I worked in VA had a subatmospheric containment and the walls were about 4 feet think on the sides. The reactor itself probably only occupied about 15 percent of the containment. This was a Pressurized Water Reactor. I don't know much about Boiling Water Reactors and less of the PWRs as I get older.