The Antique Store

other dog

I passed a little store right out here on 29 the other day when I was going to Durham. Had an old Esso sign out front that caught my eye. I thought the place was closed but somebody reopened it, selling antiques and collectibles. So I rode out there today to see what they had and to take a picture of the Esso sign anyway...but I forgot the camera- don't tell randyp.

They had tons of old signs in there, along with clocks, diecast models, some old soda boxes, couple of pinball machines, and more. Those American Pickers would love all the old signs. They even had a little Jeep out front that I was gonna let Jo ride in but I didn't have a quarter.

I bought her an old rotary phone that she wanted for some reason, and I bought this '51 Ford F-6 RC Cola truck.

Of course Winfall is in the opposite direction, but I went over there too. Saw a squirrel waiting to cross the road

.post-1374-0-14057900-1361059221_thumb.jp

Saw a girl climbing out of a hole.

post-1374-0-02963600-1361059364_thumb.jp

Then we stopped by the Winfall train station to look at trains for a while...

post-1374-0-22277900-1361058921_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Loved RC when I was down south. Thought they quit making it, then a few weeks ago I was going down through a small old near deserted town in the mid south and there was a brand new RC machine up agains an old run down building. Well, thats all I could think about, being a hot day and all. A few days later I found one in a specialty store/truck stop somewhere, still the best cola going.

• Like 1

You came to Durham and didn't call me?

Yeah, I unloaded at...Comfort Engineering?..I think. It was near 70 and 147, off of Neal rd. Unloaded 4 coils from N.B.Handy, then had to get to Petersburg by 1pm. to get that load going to Neville Island,Pa. But I did think about you while I was there!

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Note To Self,,,,Acquire larger squirrel rifle before trip to Winfall,,,randyp

A much bigger gun!!!

post-3242-0-42160500-1361073238.jpg

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE