Woodward Governors on B Model Macks

I do not have any manuals on it but what are you wanting to know. I remenber some of the things that we did to them years back. I think all i can remenber now is how to time them and how to seal them. After that we would pull them and send them to a rebuilder that is no longer around.

glenn akers

Woodward was located in nearby (to me) Rockford,Ill.! I have a '58 B with the Woodward on it.The B owners manual (available from the museum) showed the Woodward in it.Adlustments & all! I've heard a engine with low oil pressure would take forever to start.Mine must have been pretty good,because it started pretty well!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

I have the owners manual supplied by the museum but mine doesnt show anything about the woodward governors. The problem that I am having is that the lever assembly to the right of the throttle lever can be pulled out of the governor housing. I will get some photos that show what I mean. I bought the truck not running and I am just starting to look at what needs fixing to get the engine running.

From here, it almost looks like its missing a Woodruff Key (causing it to slip out of its housing like that.).Maybe the museum would have a better breakdown of the internals of the governor? Sorry!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA