57 bcr

Hendricksons

Those models with the comfo-vision cab and set back axles are so damn cool looking.Only one I've seen was owned by Suzio and is unrestored.I'd love to find one,if not i'd like to get another truck with that cab!

Nice trucks that you almost never see on the east coast.

Someone posted earlier that Hendrickson was building fire apparatus. That is partially correct; they were a big player in the fire apparatus chassis business, but as far as I know they never built the entire truck.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

The John Deere Hendrickson pictured above is not a ComfoVision cab.. It looks more like the A model cab which followed.

Brocky

The John Deere Hendrickson pictured above is not a ComfoVision cab.. It looks more like the A model cab which followed.

I was confused by that also. I think he's referring to post #41 at the top of page 3.

Jim

Yup,that's a Fleetstar cab.Doesn't quite have the classic look of the earlier trucks...

These trucks ever come with a flip hood?This one "looks" like it has one...?

post-2598-0-57722800-1379893841_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Yup, some Hendricksons were available with a tilt hood,Al (57bcr) has some pictures of one earlier on in this thread I believe..................................Mark

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I've come across quite a few old trucks with no passenger seat.My B75 had the frame only...

I like the passenger seat, must be custom.

Nah! Volvo part number xxar664318718897-sore/ass!LOL!...............Mark

• Like 1

I'd LOVE to get this truck,but bought that Dodge LCF today for a song.This truck has a rebuilt engine with 3-4K miles on it,the owner passed away and his family is selling it.

I like it! not much sounds better than a 220 Cummins (less it's a Mack!) get er' restored,nice little single sleeper,good to go! not many "Henrys" out east,be a good conversation piece if nothing else!.........................................Mark

• Like 1

Was over at a friends place earlier today and took a pic of his Hendrickson he has for a parts truck.

post-13943-0-97984600-1381459096_thumb.j

naw that's not a Volvo seat that's a 64 ford superduty bucket seat or at least it was the rule on my first job off the ranch, every mixer truck at Tonasket ready mix had that passenger seat also doubled as a tool box and a trash can. Great pics of the trucks never seen one out west here but can defnently see the ih influence also some reo. and diamond t. ih musta traded cabs for drive train parts lol

From what I've been told Diamond T designed the Comfo-Vison cab.They sold the rights to IH to produce it,and made a deal for DT to get cabs.

Here is another Axle postcard of a Thornton Cartage Hendrickson.

post-13943-0-66015000-1382150191_thumb.j

• Like 1

That would be Harry's "Murder Service", Inc. out of Summit , IL.

Damn straight it is.