Other Connecticut Trucks

2stacksuperdog

Anybody have info on this one. Been trying to do some reserch on it but with the owner I know that had it in Fl being dead it is harder to reserch. Looks like the same 5th wheel we put on and should be some Stainless or aluminum in it on the dash if memory serves right. Idk if the headache rack went when it was sold or the light bar. The red marks on the bumper are from me pushing a dumpster I needed out of the way and had nothing else to move it with. 6V Detroit blown and turbo'd Think it has an 8LL switch on the dash. 57 Mph Flat footed,Doing the Flintstone shuffle to help out.

I'll see what i can find out. I guess he was using this for off road tractor but he had a A.W.D Autocar outside he was putting all back together.

Matt

I'll see what i can find out. I guess he was using this for off road tractor but he had a A.W.D Autocar outside he was putting all back together.

Thanks. If you look at the door it may still show the old lettering. NV Fleet Transportation. 8th gear is against the dash. Those damn FWD's will go anywhere.

i like the white in the weeds . the first truck my dad drve was a long nose white with 318 detroit and 13 speed spicer. he hauled chips from a sawmill in southern vt to international paper in ticonderoga ny when he was 17 yrs old . he said it would do about 85 mph on the flats going up route 22 in ny.

I bet Tim. Was it a gas job? Bet it had a 534 in her unless it was repowered. A friend of our family who was an excavator in Cochecton NY had a F800 tandem that was repowered with a Cummins and had a 5x4. I rode in that truck when I was little. He had a red shale bank on his property and used to load with a Scoop Mobile. The driver had two fingers missing from his one hand.

I bet Tim. Was it a gas job? Bet it had a 534 in her unless it was repowered. A friend of our family who was an excavator in Cochecton NY had a F800 tandem that was repowered with a Cummins and had a 5x4. I rode in that truck when I was little. He had a red shale bank on his property and used to load with a Scoop Mobile. The driver had two fingers missing from his one hand.

It was a gas job and went pretty good. Was he missing his fingers from driving a B model....Ouch I think we've all banged our fingers in one.

I couldn't finish my post before. I don't know how he lost his fingers but he was real good on the two sticks. I was like 6 years old. The owner's name if anybody from upstate would know is John Bernas. He owns Sullivan Asphalt now. All of his trucks are painted the Mack paint scheme that was on the NY thread on that Superliner. He bought an R Model years ago and it was painted that way and he kept that set up till this day even though he is a Kenworth man now. Also Joseph Cavalieri from Paterson NJ had a Ford 800 tandem with a 534 and a Bristol Donald body on it. He ran this up to just recently. That truck was bad ass. Anybody got pics of that?