Heres a nice R-Model taken behind the Deepwater Diner in Deepwater,NJ Martins is a PA company i believe,i remember it was pretty un-usual to see a truck/trailer at the time anywhere on the east coast.......................................Mark

I've stopped there before, you could usually find a parking spot pretty easy. Even had brains and eggs on their menu- not that I ever ordered it. Is the place still there?

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I've stopped there before, you could usually find a parking spot pretty easy. Even had brains and eggs on their menu- not that I ever ordered it. Is the place still there?

Yep,still there,its changed hands a few times,but still decent food the last time i was in there,they always had a good breakfast.........scrapple,eggs over medium,hash-browns w/onions rye toast!

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

i used to start a month before Englishtown to get the truck ready. It's a lot of work if the truck is working everyday. I know a lot of companies that have mula would take some trucks off the road and do them up. It's nice to have trailer queens I guess. I'm more impressed with a worker myself.

Cheers, Rob

Hey Chuck I have more Almasi pics. If I remember the Cl is a tandem. It does have the fairings. I think 50 or 52 rears. Maybe it's a tri now?. That's interesting about the clay. You would think most bricks came from down south.

Cheers, Robert

Robert, yes please post more. The banks of the Raritan River were very rich with clay deposits. Fisher Brick in Sayreville was huge at the time and Valentine Brick (A.P. Green) in Woodbridge produced a lot of the fire brick used in kilns and high temperature linings.

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)

Wow, Anchor Block. I haven't seen them for a while. Keep them comin' !!!

Oh, and thanks for the Almasi pics..... especially the DM-800 shots. I'm pretty certain they were Bristol-Donald bodies on them.

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)