Reel, FA Marchello years ago bought a bunch of those RD's. They were nicknamed flexible flyers. He had F.A.M on the doors. They had 300's, 8LL's , 50 rears, 20 fronts but they had some sort of single frames in them. They were really light but twisted too much hence the nickname. Beams doesn't really look like one of them but that is a lighter spec. I know Frank Marchello hated them but at that point he was getting out of dump trucking and was concentrating on his Allied fuel company.

Cheers, Rob

i think they are asking $80k for that blue granite I know that the only person that drives that truck is the owner it is very well cared for

Yes 80k it's a real nice truck but won't be good for NY after 2015 with the new grandfather over weight permit laws coming into effect I would buy it if I could

By 2015 any truck with a type 2 permit that is 2006 or newer must have a steerable/trackable third axle. A type 2 permit is a grandfather downstate permit which makes the truck able to carry between 76,000-80,000 depending on tires front axle etc. they will be able to keep the type one permit which will probably give it somewhere around 67,000. If the truck is older then 2006 then ur grandfathered in and in the clear for now like me lol

Didn't they cut the weights back after the bridge collapse in Minnesota? My dad was talking to a guy from NY at King of Covers and he was telling us that

Yes they did only 80,000 over the bridges gotta go through manhattan if u want to carry 120,000

I'd love to meet the genius that came up with the idea of the permits. All it has accomplished is increasing the amount of trucks on the road. More fuel, more traffic, more cowboys ... and don't let anyone kid you, the roads are not safer or lasting longer.

• Like 2

CT has weird laws compared to states around us. You can get permits on 4 axle vehicles and up, On a tri-axle your only good for 67,400 without a construction material but with your good for 73,000 and with the permit 76,500. Then you have salt, it is on the allowed permitted materials but on the ticket it says ice control so they knock you back to 67,400. Then they have a 2 page list of restricted bridges you cant go over with a permit. Then you got trailer dumps which thery use the bridge law. You would think that since the minimum weight of a construction material on a tri-axle in 73,000 that would be the min on a trailer dump but no they knock you back as far as they can go. Its all for the money how does paying for a piece of paper make the bridge any safer?

Matt

Pretty sweet how all of a sudden with that piece of paper my trucks magically can handle more weight...

• Like 1

87 RD 686SX

07 CL-733

06 Granite CV-713

"Old Macks never die, just get new generations of drivers"

Jersey did it for the lowboys and heavy haulers but they haven't hit bridge formula yet for tandems and triaxles. I posted about the steerable axles with NY. Any truck built after 06 has to have a steerable tag axle and the pressure regulating gauge and valve has to be on the outside of the truck. The lift valve can be on the inside but they don't want you to mess with the pressure. I think it has to be around 60 lbs. I know NY if you get caught raising it in a turn you get weighed as a tandem. Before I worked for Gulino his other driver got popped in the Bronx at Tilcon by Hunts Point. He didn't drop his axle until he made the turn coming out of their yard. It was a 10,000.00 fine and the judge wouldn't even budge.

Cheers, Rob