truck loses trailer

speerk

Anti lock airbrakes, and about 80,000 lbs of pure good luck.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

That guy is good! Look how smooth he was. Lol

so good he made it to the interstate before he lost the trailer.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

That is why my father told me to always look at the jaws on the fifth wheel to make sure it is hooked.

Always and without fail. A "high hook" can go unnoticed during a tug test if the jaws are only partially locked. A visual inspection is foolproof, barring an undetectible mechanical failure.

Jim

watched that video a few times. it came apart and he hit the shoulder. he was way ahead and trailer just walked back to the right. i don't see any marks from the landing gear hitting the ground,It has me puzzled. just used up all his chips on that one

Always and without fail. A "high hook" can go unnoticed during a tug test if the jaws are only partially locked. A visual inspection is foolproof, barring an undetectible mechanical failure.

Thats damn good advice right there! same as i reccomend to everyone in a truck!....................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

We run spread axle trailers like that with the forks on the back. When empty with the front trailer axle down and the fork on the rear, there is almost no wieght on the fifth wheel. We have lifts on the front axle of our spreads so that you have weight on the truck when empty. There were reports of guys having premature wear on the locking jaws and trailer pins because of the trailer pulling up against the fifth wheel when empty. Running empty with that fron axle down and the fork on is not fun, especially in the rain. -Brad