I finally got the B73 started this afternoon. The last time it was started was about 8 years ago. After we got the Fuel shut off soleniod working, we rigged up a jerry can that was plumbed into the 1/8 pipe thread fitting on the 90 coming off the pump from the tank. It sucked a full gallon just filling the line from the tank to the pump. We pulled it around with my CAT motor grader and as soon as my brother dumped the clutch it bellowed white smoke for a second and just purred a beautiful Cummins sound. I was at the previous owners house when we started it 8 years ago, but we couldn't move it because the compressor doesn't work. I pulled the pins on the brakes before we hauled it home so it would free wheel. Today was the first day that I ever got to drive it I took some video with my phone, but I can't get it them to email. I might have to wait until I get back to work on Monday to cable my phone to my computer and post them. I got to looking back through my old text messages and it turns out it was exactly 1 year ago to the day that I brought the truck home. I wish I would have had a couple full days before now to mess with it so I could have had it running earlier. Next project is to get the new battery cables built so I can use the new 12v starter and get the Air compressor working. Man is my motivation level high now. I hope the good weather holds for another week or two so I can get o few things done on it. Then we need it to snow snow snow.

Ben

• Like 1

1962 B733 L cab

Wow that's one heck of a stack in that thing. Got enough wheelbase for a sleeper too.

The muffler is coming off and the pipe above it will be moved down to the elbow. It should put the tip just above the cab. The frame has been replaced from the axles back. It looks like it was lengthened about two feet over the original wheelbase. I submitted my serial number to the museum a few months ago. Hopefully I'll get my info sometime soon and see what length it started out at. It also appears to have a NH855 (335) instead of the 743. My understanding was that the 73's all came with the smaller engines.

Ben

1962 B733 L cab

Glad too see you moving.

It feels good with no matter how much you need to do about in the future.

How did you brake her? With a hand lever?

Hope you will really have a pair of good weather weeks.

My happy time was finished just today with an amount of fresh snow and freeze.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Glad too see you moving.

It feels good with no matter how much you need to do about in the future.

How did you brake her? With a hand lever?

Hope you will really have a pair of good weather weeks.

My happy time was finished just today with an amount of fresh snow and freeze.

My brakes are called gravity and slow speed. I kept it in lo-split 1st gear and idled around. I made sure I had a level spot close by if I needed to stop. I backed into a block I had set behind the rear driver before we pulled it. It has a jake, but everything is unhooked after I did away with the series parallel switch.

Ben

1962 B733 L cab

Sweet, I subscribed to you.

Hopefully I'll have some video's like the Black Friday Fun to post in the near future. I might be illegally cruising the backroads of Elko Nevada, but I will at least be cruising. You and your Grandpa have been good inspiation to me and I'm sure a few others as well.

Ben

• Like 1

1962 B733 L cab