Pictures of the Week

other dog

Nothing too exciting, so i'll try to add gripping descriptions.

Good looking Oldsmobile leaking antifreeze in New London.

Macks at Art Reed's place in Montvale. There's another Superliner behind the other Superliner.

Vlad's road shots

Before I-64 was finished to Beckley and there was lots more truck traffic on rt. 60 this was called "dead man's curve". There was a lot more accidents and rollovers in the last curve at the bottom of the mountain coming into Rainelle than there was here though.

could be a U model...

turning around in a tight spot

Following the bull wagon up the hill.

I think that's a Diamond Reo dump truck down there.

There's Lake Erie over there behind the Mack place that's behind the truckstop.

Power plant...

another power plant...

A helicopter on a trailer.

• Like 2

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Nice pics and thanks for documenting your travels! Disappointed there were no hitchhiker or seat cover shots. :(

well, I did see this one girl in Summersville. She tried to flag me down but I didn't have time to fool with her. I think she wanted me to help get her pointed in the right direction.

post-1374-0-37218600-1353065347_thumb.jp

• Like 2

OD, While trying to ignore the suggestively posed harlot, I did notice how well waxed your KW's hood is, do tell how it came to be that way!

I don't know that she was a harlot, looked like she had issues with her left rear tire.

Now this girl that was standing at the next corner might well have been a harlot...

post-1374-0-90611900-1353073961_thumb.jp

Tom, I was so excided seeing road shots so just didn't have a time to look girls well.

Uahhh! They took me to an extazy! (road shots)

I like that Oldsmobile.

And triceratops :twothumbsup:

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Nice pictures as always Tom,what day were you by Harborcreek? i was in there Wednesday night on my way from Cleveland.....................................................Mark

Is that the name of that truckstop? Let's see...I left Sunday, had a 2 stop load of lumber going to Louisville and Akron, Oh. Loaded in Twinsburg Monday, came back down 77. Left again Tuesday with 2 stops in Erie and Fairview, Pa. Went up 64,60,39,20,19,and 79. Loaded at Sharon Wednesday...I went by there Wednesday morning. I unloaded in Lynchburg yesterday morning and didn't have another load to go out with, so I came home. I loaded kyanite in Dillwyn today going to Chester,W.V. for Monday and have a return load in McKees Rocks coming to Lynchburg. Then i'll probably be off the rest of the week for Thanksgiving.

Nice shots as always. I recognise the drive-thru power plant on Rte 7 in Stratton, OH, but where was the "alleged" Diamond Reo located?

Is that the name of that truckstop?

Harborcreek is the name of the town. I spent many a night in the motel in the foreground. The company gave $75 allowance for motel and meal expenses and they had a Trucker rate of $32 IIRC.

Jim

Nice shots as always. I recognise the drive-thru power plant on Rte 7 in Stratton, OH, but where was the "alleged" Diamond Reo located?

Harborcreek is the name of the town. I spent many a night in the motel in the foreground. The company gave $75 allowance for motel and meal expenses and they had a Trucker rate of $32 IIRC.

Thanks Jim,i meant to write Tom back about that,i was'nt sure that was the name of the town or not,as many times as i've been there! (at least thats what i always wrote in my logbook).............................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Thanks Jim,i meant to write Tom back about that,i was'nt sure that was the name of the town or not,as many times as i've been there! (at least thats what i always wrote in my logbook).............................Mark

My motel receipts said Harborcreek, so that's how I logged it. :twothumbsup:

Jim