Grand Rock Exhaust

post-8009-0-48361800-1352771278_thumb.jppost-8009-0-87742200-1352771381_thumb.jppost-8009-0-04351500-1352771485_thumb.jppost-8009-0-30151800-1352771610_thumb.jpI neede all new exhaust for my Superliner.It had dual 4', I wanted 5".This wasn't availible thru Mack.The original was in bad shape, pieces missing etc.I sent the old pieces with sketches and dimensions to Grand Rock in Painesville,Ohio. In 2 weeks I had everything I needed. Everything fit like factory.

How is Grand Rock of quality in relation to Donaldson?

I"m going to order a muffler with everything around including stack.

Both brands are avalible here to order, have to make a choice.

Vlad

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Ken, I had to go thru a distributor,which in our area is Fleetpride. They issued a P.O. that I sent with package to Grand Rock.

Mike, the mufflers are full flow. These came from PAI and a labled Shuttlesworth. I ordered these as full flow and they sure are wide open.

Vlad, everything we have used from G.R. has been of high quality and fits.The pipes we get are always cheaper than OEM.Don't have experience with their mufflers but am sure they would be good too.

steve

A good friend of mine knows the owner of Grand Rock. I started conversations with GR in January 2012. I was told to send the Mack prints and they could make the pipes. After review of the prints I was told to drop off the pipes because the "long pipe" (the one that goes under the cab to the muffler) print did not have enough information to bend the pipe. I dropped the assembly (turbo to muffler) off at GR the end of March. I told GR I needed the pipes by mid-May so I could get ready for Macungie). No problem is what I was told. FINALLY at the end of May I was contacted (after many calls to GR) the 2 pipes were complete. However they could not make the long pipe in one piece. They made the pipe in three (3) sections. I was told to bolt the pipe on the truck and mark the sections. Then send the pipes back to GR and they would weld the sections. Needless to say after 2+ months of dicking around with GR I cancelled the order. Oh by the way they trashed my old pipes soon after I dropped them off so they could not fit the long pipe themselves. So I ordered replacement pipes from Mack and had them and a new muffler (Donaldson $80) ceramic coated. It ended up costing me more than GR but the time to get parts from Mack, coating, and installation was less than 3 weeks.

I told my friend (who passed on the word to GR) I was UNHAPPY with GR and would not refer or contact them in the future. Their response was "we dropped the ball". Like I posted earlier...I am glad you all had good response from GR. Perhaps it was a "mistake" having a "connection at the factory".

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

How is Grand Rock of quality in relation to Donaldson?

I"m going to order a muffler with everything around including stack.

Both brands are avalible here to order, have to make a choice.

Vlad

I bought 5" stacks from Donaldson and i think Grand Rock has a better quality of chrome. Lincoln Chrome has a good quality of chrome too. www.LincolnChrome.com Ron

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for recomendations.

I can also order OEM when know #, there are stacks on Mack online accessory, just I'm not shure they're of different quality chrome than GR.

Vlad

post-8009-0-48361800-1352771278_thumb.jppost-8009-0-87742200-1352771381_thumb.jppost-8009-0-04351500-1352771485_thumb.jppost-8009-0-30151800-1352771610_thumb.jpI neede all new exhaust for my Superliner.It had dual 4', I wanted 5".This wasn't availible thru Mack.The original was in bad shape, pieces missing etc.I sent the old pieces with sketches and dimensions to Grand Rock in Painesville,Ohio. In 2 weeks I had everything I needed. Everything fit like factory.

I wish I had seen this earlier, the E9 trucks had 5" exhaust the E6/E7 trucks had 4", I had a time finding the parts for mine so I just used a generic y pipe and some elbows and made it myself, but you could have used the E9 p/n's to get your y pipe and elbows then you would just have had to get the downpipe off the turbo for the E6/7 since the E9 makes a 90 towards the drivers side to go to the turbo mounted behind the engine sideways by the firewall. I was told by a friend at chrome country after I got done that he could have gotten it all from Grand Rock for half the price of OEM parts but I was already done and I used 6" elbows under my cab so my 5" stops up under there a few inches and I would have had to make that fit anyway, but such is the way with making changes like 6" stacks and elbows.

post-5240-0-26085100-1354419905_thumb.jp

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Looks monumental !

I suppose I have 4' pipe on my R with E6?

Planning to keep a stock look I need a long pipe that goes under the cab and sleeper continuing two elbows of 90 and some special angle.

84Superdog, do you recommend to ask Chrome Country for GR or ask GR directly?

I found a dealer that said "ready to import GR" but need to use another one to contact CC with a inside US shipping.

I haven't finished (haven't started) about Chrome although dealing with Phil Young at the moment.

So thank you for the help.