Huge Cat Grader

other dog

Cat has made the 24 series for a while I have a die cast 24g i think, they are used almost exclusively in large open pit mines to work the roads for the large 200+ ton haul trucks I have seen them up close they are freakin huge for a grader.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Go check out the custom built acco dozer and its cousin the motor grader,,,randyp

right good sized ones all right!

The grader has a 1,000hp. engine in the rear and a 700hp. engine in front. It was never used and being dismantled for scrap. The dozer has 2 675hp. Cat engines.

http://www.vincelewi...accograder.html

http://www.vincelewis.net/acco.html

• Like 2

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

See now why is it America cant do that anymore, the largest Dozer is made by Komatsu, the largest haul trucks are Leibherr(cat for mechanical drive Leibherr is diesel electric), we built the largest and most pwerful everything for years and now nobody even knows how to use a lathe or a milling machine, I bet anyone they cant find more than 2 young people that want to work in a machine shop or welding shop. I think it sucks we as a country complain about everything but we wont to shit about anything, but when haiti get hit by an earthquake we send millions if not billions in aid and thousands of people and billions of dollars af equipment to help, just curious but is Haiti going to load up their Cargo planes and send their experts here to help us, how bout those billions of dollars, you think well ever see that again? I can say this if we dont take care of ourselves first we are screwed because nobody is going to send us aid when our country collapses they will just sit back and laugh.

• Like 2

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

If I will find any interesting Macks in Italy I wouldn't be worth making a trip to see them.

I don't like dozers as much as Mack though. Taking to account I have got one.

Vlad

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

That 25M isn't showing on Cat.com yet. That thing is a horse surprised they didn't have the front end engaged being it had planetary hubs on it so it should be a drive. That thing looks so odd. Like they took a 988 stretched it out some and added a grader front. It is odd looking to say the least

I thought the 25m was the pre production version of the 24 series, if I remember right it was largely 988 rear sheetmetal and cab and after testing the production model was the 24 series now up to the 24h I don't think they have a 24k yet but that will be the next one if it follows the loaders.

I thought the 25m was the pre production version of the 24 series, if I remember right it was largely 988 rear sheetmetal and cab and after testing the production model was the 24 series now up to the 24h I don't think they have a 24k yet but that will be the next one if it follows the loaders.

Idk I really never watched the graders from cat till the joystick controls came out. Hell never really followed much of anything since we sold our equipment. Only time I see something nw is I haul it or see it out

I'm a surveyor at the gold mines. I get to drive our 16 g and h's quite often. Our mine down the road has 4 24g's. When I was helping them out a few years ago I was supposed to get to spend an hour or two in one of them. It never worked out though. We were going to by one of our own last year but they decided they could by two 16m's for less than one 24. Maybe someday I will get behind the wheel of one. It is pretty amazing to see how fast the edge of the molebord moves when they swing the circle.

Ben

1962 B733 L cab

• 3 months later...

@david www.ironrecord.com is a good website if you ever want to find some information on Caterpillar tractor All you need is a vin number and model of the tractor it also shows the stolen equipment if you ever try to do some research on something you may purchase. @slpwker do you know any other website that shows information of Ingersoll Rand or Dynapac. I always run into finding out measurements and weight on these two brands.

anyone going to Italy on a trip sure would be worth while making trip to see the bulldozer.AMAZING

Going to Italy next week for 15 days to see wifes family. I am going to the Ferrari plant to see the cars, get some cheese and see balsamic vinergar made,,, :twothumbsup:

@david www.ironrecord.com is a good website if you ever want to find some information on Caterpillar tractor All you need is a vin number and model of the tractor it also shows the stolen equipment if you ever try to do some research on something you may purchase. @slpwker do you know any other website that shows information of Ingersoll Rand or Dynapac. I always run into finding out measurements and weight on these two brands.

www.ritchiespecs.com

You should send Cat a pic and tell em you need info on proper labelling and they can get pics for their use if they help ya out, someone round here did an old Cat crawler and they got him the paint and decals for it then when he was done they came and took pics for some of their literature.

Thanks 84superdog,but I have all of the original literture on this machine.But I have throught about seeing if Cat would like it for the museunm they are opening.

What is the status of the museum? You are talking about the one in pyorrhea (Peoria)?

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"