early R model passenger seat

rick harper

I have been wanting one of those for my truck for years and have not been able to find one. I'm sitting right now waiting to get loaded and I'm tryen to figure out where I would put my lunch box if I had that seat. Right now it sits between the seats behind the shifter. Real estate is not real plentiful in an R-model. -Brad

• 3 weeks later...

same here, never even knew they offered a bench seat for an R model. come to think of it i think Barry had a beige one for sale a while back. im buildin a 66 R 600 and would like it but like others said kinda takes up alot of room plus i think the other half would prefer an air ride pass seat

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

I have been wanting one of those for my truck for years and have not been able to find one. I'm sitting right now waiting to get loaded and I'm tryen to figure out where I would put my lunch box if I had that seat. Right now it sits between the seats behind the shifter. Real estate is not real plentiful in an R-model. -Brad

That looks like storage space under the cushion, or maybe it can be used for that.

Jim

Had that passenger seat/tool box in my 2 work trucks.Loved it. The '79 version was totally closed on the right side.The '90 version was open on the right,nice change(easier to get the air hose,tools,etc. out of).Worked well when I had to carry the kids in a car seat,too! Had a bag phone in the '79 (1988!) and it sat right on the left side of the seat.Still plenty of room for an occasional passenger.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA