My first mack

Thanks for the warm welcome! I am glad that you guys liked the photo, I have a ton of old macks pics from my family, including an E-model mack wrecker. We had an A50 mack in the back field untill a couple years ago, my pap built a wrecker body on it in the early 1960's, sold it to a friend who abused it for 30 years, then we got it back. My pap wound up scrapping the truck, but I still have the double strength booms that came off of the A50. I actually used the booms this past summer.

Here is a photo of the remains of my paps superliner being hauled away. I forget the guys name who bought it, but he hauled it away with a B61 rollback. You can't get much better than that. I actually saw this B61 rollback on the road, and still in service this year while I was on my way to the Riggle & sons truck show in Apollo, Pa.

Ethan

scan0002.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks for the warm welcome! I am glad that you guys liked the photo, I have a ton of old macks pics from my family, including an E-model mack wrecker. We had an A50 mack in the back field untill a couple years ago, my pap built a wrecker body on it in the early 1960's, sold it to a friend who abused it for 30 years, then we got it back. My pap wound up scrapping the truck, but I still have the double strength booms that came off of the A50. I actually used the booms this past summer.

Here is a photo of the remains of my paps superliner being hauled away. I forget the guys name who bought it, but he hauled it away with a B61 rollback. You can't get much better than that. I actually saw this B61 rollback on the road, and still in service this year while I was on my way to the Riggle & sons truck show in Apollo, Pa.

Ethan

scan0002.jpg

You went to Riggles too? What day were you there?

Ben

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

Ethan

scan0002.jpg

Cool picture, have any U model pictures?

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Ben,

I was at riggles on saturday. I talked to the "REO Kid" about my RS700L, and about the time that my pap brought home a mercury sleeper for his Dobermans to live in. The sleeper actually sat in my grandmas front yard for many years, until one day some outlaw trucker that was fresh out of prison came and bought it, hahaha! I have photos of that sleeper, one is of my grandma holding a doberman puppy with taped up ears in front of the sleeper.

We never had any U-model's, but I might have a photo of one, I will look.

Here is a photo of the A50 the night before it went to the scrapyard. I have a photo of it in its prime if you guys are interested?

Ethan

A50mack.jpg

sometimes its tough to see the times changing,,,when i was a young kid R MODELS U<DM F MODELS,and brockways,were everywhere,,you couldnt drive down the road 2 minutes without seeing one of these trucks,,,brockways,,,were just as common as volva is now,,,they were everywhere,,,you guys missed the good old days,,,seems all you see now is volva,and international.and freightliners...how boring is that...bob

sometimes its tough to see the times changing,,,when i was a young kid R MODELS U<DM F MODELS,and brockways,were everywhere,,you couldnt drive down the road 2 minutes without seeing one of these trucks,,,brockways,,,were just as common as volva is now,,,they were everywhere,,,you guys missed the good old days,,,seems all you see now is volva,and international.and freightliners...how boring is that...bob

We're all here for seenig not Volva!

Times are back overhere.

Vlad

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

I concur PICS are nice it always inspires your own project or your next project in one way or another, at least it does me!

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

• 1 month later...

Glad you liked it Ben. I wish that truck was still around, it must have been one of the first R700's with a cummins in the area. My pap actually sold that truck to build a Brockway with a 350 cummins, 13 speed and #44,000 mack rears. I will be posting a b-model, scrap hauler photo, here in a minute... if I don't encounter any more technical difficulties, hahaha!