My first mack

just think what those cars are worth today that were scrapped way back then. must have missed something cause people pay stupid money for some of those junk Dodges on those tv auctions. someone drags them out of the weeds, a total rust bucket, drops a Hemi in it and its all of a sudden woth 200 grand in a week. id be curious to see what some of that bondo on tv looks like after a year or two ofm'drawing down'' when they do all that body work, primer and paint it in a week.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Maddog - I go to those auctions. most of those big dollar cars are not just toss a Hemi and sell it for big bucks. They are high dollar restorations that take thousands of hours and dollars to built. A buddy of mine did a 71 Cuda convertible pro touring style. It was used jn the grundy ads for a while. He had $300k+ into that thing and when he sold it at BJ it only brought $88k. Talk about a loss!

Many of those buyers are well versed in cars and know what they are buying (Mecum) but at Barrett's (Scottsdale) you get big big egos and bigger bank accounts competing with each other. They will spend an extra 50,000-300,000 just to out do the other guy saying you arn't getting this one. They are buying a couple minutes of TV time so their buddy's at home can see them.

Nice pictures! thanks for sharing them with us,the RL-series is well liked on BMT,someday i hope to own one,and restore it to look like this one!..............................................Mark

Sharp looking truck. I think I like them better than a Superdog. Always liked the hood line on the R.

• Like 1

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

I'm glad that you guys liked the pics. I have all kinds of old scrappin' photos from back in the day, with tons of old cars, and I mean tons! I can post them if you guys would like to see them. I wish I could have kept all of my paps old trucks, it seems like each truck was more awesome than the truck before it.

Mark, I have a cummins powered RS700L in my back yard waiting for me to restore it.

I'm glad that you guys liked the pics. I have all kinds of old scrappin' photos from back in the day, with tons of old cars, and I mean tons! I can post them if you guys would like to see them.

lurker.gif We love pics of old trucks and cars (and good lookin wimmin too)! aparat.gif

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

didnt mean to ruffle any feathers Jt. but we all have seen the guys on Tv throw 10 gallons of bondo at a car they dragged out of the weeds, paint it up, drop in a new engine and turn it for big bucks, i admit i watch the auctions on Scottsdale here and there and there are some perfect top notch restorations but there are also junkers there to. burns my ass more than anything to think of all the homeless people starving in this country but yet someone with a big wallet can buy 2 or 3 cars at one of those auctions for 300 grand a piece when the rest of use can barely make ends meet and enjoy our small truck hobby.

• Like 1

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Here is a photo of an RS600, I think that I have a side shot of this truck, without the red paint on it, LOL. It is hard to beat a westcoast mack with a sleeper. This was a pittsburgh steel hauler, does anyone remember this truck or who it belonged to?

whiteRS.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Here is a pic of one of the first B-models my pap had. I think this is the one that he rolled down a revene in the mountains while he had 24 smashed cars on his trailer. The cars didn't even come off of the trailer in the wreck.

B67_zpsa5848fbf.jpg

• Like 2