getting some paint done on the old Superliner

Got all the patches welded in and smoothed with body fill.Put on a couple of coats of self etching primer last night. Tonight it will get epoxy primer.Saturday it'll get blocked down and finally painted base/clear. Then next week on to the hood then the sleeper.It's been a long row to hoe but srtarting to take shape.post-8009-0-10374700-1348185397_thumb.jppost-8009-0-83232600-1348185695_thumb.jp

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That Green is freakin awesome, I am going to go dark Blue metallic on mine with silver metallic stripes when I get it done, hopefully next year, maybe 10 years from now.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

• 2 months later...

Thanks Mike.I'll pass on painting anything else after I get the sleeper done. I liked the blue but several of the O.O.s here have blue rides and I wanted to be different.I had vinyl gold leaf stripes made in the same pattern as what was on it before.Think that will dress it up. i sold my 60" sleeper and am putting a 42" on it. Sure like your "new' 1988 Rw. Nice truck. Steve

That looks awesome! How much does it cost to do all that? My truck is white and i always that white color that has some cream look to it, you see it mostly at car shows. Is it cheaper to just enhance a white color or do you have to basicallyl start from scratch like it is any new color. I hope i'm not taking away from your post though (jealous) :)

Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

Thanks. The primer,paint,body fill,sandpaper and misc. spoiled $1000.I had to cut out and braze patches on roof,cowl and a couple of areas on winshield pinch weld. So I had a lot of time in it.This had two repaints besides factory so I spent a great deal of time sanding and removing everything I could take off.And I'm not a professional body man so it takes longer.Your truck looks sound so it wouldn't take as much prep work,but I would still do a complete repaint. Steve

the truck looks great I cant wait to see it with the sleeper on it, go put your battery covers on so that snow across the terminals doesnt short em out.(learned the hard way)

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

the truck looks great I cant wait to see it with the sleeper on it, go put your battery covers on so that snow across the terminals doesnt short em out.(learned the hard way)

Thanks and thanks for the tip on the batteries. I haven't put the covers on because I'm welding new fronts on them. I'll be sure to cover the batteries 'til I finish. Steve

post-8009-0-78008700-1356518967_thumb.jpRay,I had some immitation gold leaf made to outline the design that was on it.It's 3/4 " wide with a 1/4" orange border on each side.Ther's a girl up this way that does the fire trucks,I like her work so got her to do this for me.Hopefully this coming weekend she will do the cab and hood.Here's a pic of what it was, I know you only saw it briefly when you were up. No chrome for the engine.See you Ray,Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Steve, I just must have missed the topic.

Wondered long ago of how do you do about Superliner.

Glad to see your paint job.

I also like blue better but shure that green will be nice with gold strips you plan to apply on.

The frame looks fresh to me, hope you don't need heavy metal work.

Vlad

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012