B-model on the wall?

vision386

Seen this picture on the interweb,and this is something i have been thinking about building to put on the wall in my toyroom,thoughts? ideas?,comments?................................Mark

post-5836-0-55005100-1344210180.jpg

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Thats pretty cool. Toy room, you mean as garage? Kids toy room? Where your toys are kept?

Yup,where i keep my toy trucks (basement) its my version of a "mancave"..................................Mark

I want that chrome radiator shell and bumper for my dads truck and thats an awesome wall idea

Unmistakeable Design, Unmatched Performance. Real Trucks Rattle

.........._,___

..... __/_|___|

.___/__] | |...|

|.__|____|___|___

|=(@)[___][__]==(@)(@)|

Been thinking about doing that with a slice off the front of an R hood. Maybe even get the guys from that TV show "TANKED" to stick an aquarium in the grille opening. :twothumbsup:

This was my all-time favorite, but it's gone now:

1792008991_1cafc1eda4_z.jpg

That was built by a friend to be the DJ booth inside a local bar formerly known as "The Last Cowboy". Heavy snow collapsed the roof of the building and they moved the old F outside. It hung around until they changed the theme of the place & scrapped the truck.

• Like 1

Terry

Julian, PA

i have been thinkin of doin that for years but using junkier B model parts and usin the shell,headlight panels and two junky fender fronts, then takin the shell and puttin brackets in the sides to put shelves across to put diecast trucks on then puttin it on the wall and painting a 3d windshield and top of cab on the wall and hookin a 12 ac dc adapter to it so the headlights will work. givin this some thought just havent got to it haha

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Bodyman friend built a toybox for his kids stuff out of a late 80's mustang back half many years ago.

Another friend had his wife do a mural of his vehicles on a wall in their house. I told him to now go buy a tailgate and hang it on the wall on the in the spot where the rear of his '32 roadster pickup was at. Kinda like sitting on the tailgate of his own truck.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Been thinking about doing that with a slice off the front of an R hood. Maybe even get the guys from that TV show "TANKED" to stick an aquarium in the grille opening. :twothumbsup:

This was my all-time favorite, but it's gone now:

1792008991_1cafc1eda4_z.jpg

That was built by a friend to be the DJ booth inside a local bar formerly known as "The Last Cowboy". Heavy snow collapsed the roof of the building and they moved the old F outside. It hung around until they changed the theme of the place & scrapped the truck.

Used to be a bar across the road from the truckstop in Dallas Pike W.V, just east of Wheeling, that had the front of a Transtar IH as the door, you opened the grill and walked right through the front of the truck. Don't know if it's still there, only saw it once in the early '80's.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

i have been thinkin of doin that for years but using junkier B model parts and usin the shell,headlight panels and two junky fender fronts, then takin the shell and puttin brackets in the sides to put shelves across to put diecast trucks on then puttin it on the wall and painting a 3d windshield and top of cab on the wall and hookin a 12 ac dc adapter to it so the headlights will work. givin this some thought just havent got to it haha

I have been thinking about making a shelf out of a B-model grille shell too,to hold some of my toys,just never seem to have the time!..............................Mark

Bodyman friend built a toybox for his kids stuff out of a late 80's mustang back half many years ago.

Another friend had his wife do a mural of his vehicles on a wall in their house. I told him to now go buy a tailgate and hang it on the wall on the in the spot where the rear of his '32 roadster pickup was at. Kinda like sitting on the tailgate of his own truck.

Back when i was a mover,i once moved a couch made out of the back end of a REAL AC-Cobra,it was'nt one of those cheap reproduction deals,the car had belonged to the guy,one of his kids wrecked it,and about all that was left was the rear clip! of course this guy was made of money,i think he and his wife owned 10-11 Mc Donalds restaurants,so there was no shortage of folding money in that family!.............................Mark

once while the Mack Muesem was in Macungie assembly building, I spyed a R-Model that was near a corner,,, cab and hood were on 4 wheels with a large tv in the passenger window to view I assume Saftey video's. to this day I don't know why I didn't take a photo!!

I saw a picture of a B-model grill that was made with shelves inside to display die cast toys. I thought it was on this site some time ago, maybe last year? I thought it was pretty cool and wanted to do one just like it. Does anyone remember it?

Live every day like it's your last, because one of these days, it will be.