B 61 e brake

teleman

Im putting new 30/30 spring brake assemblys on my B 61 and was wondering if if I should fix the old hand brake...Its stuck in the off position and thought I might leave the lever assembly off and give myself more room...I can probably get it freed up but is it worth the effort....Jim

Mike, nope samo samo ol Bostrom seats. Got mine recovered years ago with some breathable fabric instead of that stink'n hot vinyl.

Jim, actually it is all painted up now. I put the rubber hose back over the main box lever. The aux shifter is all painted satin black and looks smooooth. Guess I need to get a good shot of it completed?

It's doing well pulling trailer. It will pull 65 mph easily at about 1800 rpm and run with traffic. I did try the double OD once with the trailer. It was a level run and then downhill and it ran up to 75+ mph as I just had to prove my point to this idiot in a 4wheeler that screwed me on the uphill grade. Given time, I will get around ya........LOL!!!!!

I rebuilt the front bushings in the rear arms over July 4th holiday. That helped.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Yup, 6041. Sumthin like that

SDC10757.jpg

5 x 3 x 4= 60!

Actually not. The splits on the box are about the same as my compound, which makes it double redundant. I use it in Direct for 99% of the time. The lo-lo hole is nice for backing up. The OD gives it really long legs.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"