Jumperand Son 2 stroke paradise

41chevy

GM 1956 Motorama with every unit that used Detroit Diesels. Paul

Motorama1956_06_10001.jpg

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Up and down, or in and out????

Rob

Both! Two strokes breath through the BOTTOM end.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Can someone explain why dem wimmins boobies back in the 50's were all pointed like?

Musta been the shape of their bra things. Bathhouse Bette Midler calls them over the shoulder boulder holders.

Easy... originally all bras were made in France by the Conehead Inter Galatic Brassiere Company and were modeled after the weightless on her back boob look. The were also easier to load up with water balloons as the cone tip gave you a place to put the balloon knot. That is the story I'm sticking to! Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

K Mart doesn't put Wal Mart products on display .:) GM and Mack were rival truck makers at the time. Every thing on display was only available with D.D. power. GM also owned Euclid in the mid to late 50's thats why it is in there. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

Hey Ben

I was just wondering if you were interested in railroad locomotives too.

Because if you like two stroke Detroits the familiar 53, 71, and 92 series in different configurations you'd probably

flip over their larger cousins that were built by the Electro Motive Division of General Motors(now Electro Motive Diesel owned by Caterpillar)

They were used in EMD locomotives and their series numbers were 567, 645, and 710. That's the cubic inch displacement per cylinder and they came in many configurations.

The largest were V20-645's in F-45 and SD-45 locos and I believe were rated at 3600 H.P.

The largest 710 was also a V20 used in SD-70MACS and were rated at 5000 H. P. these were only purchased by Conrail.

The 710 series engine I do believe is still in production.

I know this has nothing to do with trucks but if you like two strokes you have to admire these things!!!!

Ron

Hey Ben

Because if you like two stroke Detroits the familiar 53, 71, and 92 series in different configurations you'd probably

flip over their larger cousins that were built by the Electro motive Division of General Motors(now Electro Motive Diesel owned by Caterpillar)

They were used in EMD locomotives and their series numbers were 567, 645, and 710. That's the cubic inch displacement per cylinder and they came in many configurations.

The largest were V20-645's in F-45 and SD-45 locos and I believe were rated at 3600 H.P.

The largest 710 was also a V20 used in SD-70MACS and were rated at 5000 H. P. thesewere only purchased by Conrail.

I know this has nothing to do with trucks but if you like two strokes you have to admire these things!!!!

Ron

There is a small "switcher" engine in St. Louis that has a four cylinder two stroke Detroit Diesel in it and it looks exactly like a 4-71 but much larger in every proportion. The valve cover is almost twice as wide and long but again is near perfect in proportioning. I thought it was a 4-149 for years till I seen one of those engines and they are smaller than this thing is.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Hey Ben

flip over their larger cousins that were built by the Electro Motive Division of General Motors(now Electro Motive Diesel owned by Caterpillar)

The largest 710 was also a V20 used in SD-70MACS and were rated at 5000 H. P. these were only purchased by Conrail.

Ron

Absolutely. I love EMD's, they're awesome. The 645 series is probably my favorite. I really like Cleveland Diesel's too. They are smaller than EMD's but bigger than Detroits. There's one in a generator out here that's a 3-268. It's pretty awesome.

Ben

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

We have a 1960 EMD unit at the LIRR Museum in Riverhead. It was an old freight unit on the LIRR line. It's stripped down to frame and power unit for restoration. Want some pics of the power plant? Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

Heck yea!

Ben

Be near that week after next. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE