All the MOPARS Laying Around Here

umodelnut

OK boys, here are some pictures of Mopar stuff Papa has. There is his 1965 Plymouth Sattelite, my 1955 Dodge C3 Pickup, then theres the whole length of of the barn FULL of parts, and in the rafters is some parts. Then outside is some Dodge truck cabs and frames, we are going to build a Dodge Warlock, then there is the 1965 Plymouth Belvedere II (parts car for the Sattelite) then we have our wood hauler, the many years put together Dodge pickup. The Sattelite and my pickup, are both complete. Weve just taken stuff off of them.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

My pop had a new 1965 Dodge Coronet hard top model 440 with a 426 wedge with a Torque Flight. Tan exterior and Bronze interior. I've always wanted to find or make that car.Same body style as your Belvedere.

MMMMMMMMMMMM lead paint chip cookies.............

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I fixed it Olive, just left out one f. My Papa did have a 1965 Cornet, all black nice car. Dont know what motor it had, but he sold it awhile back.

You fixed the spelling, but not the punctuation...............

You didnt either. There should be only 3 periods if you are typing like that.

Oh Vinny - I guess you never got the memo.

This is not some democracy based spelling/punctuation class where you get a vote.

This is like at my house where there is only one teacher. If you have more than one teacher, the student's heads turn into mush and no one learns anything.

Everyone else on BMT is too old and cranky to change their ways (including me) so we just decided to harass help you.

Isn't that sweet!

Why do you think Ford stands for "F ucked Over R ebuilt D odge?"

come to think of it.......225 slant 6....U models.....I wonder if there were any of the same engineers at both Mack and Mopile...???

Actually does anyone have an inclination as to why Chrysler engineering went with a "slant" six cylinder when moving to overhead valves as opposed to an upright orientation as most others did?

I do but wondering about others.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Lower hood height? I have a Pettibone 6000 pound four wheel drive forklift with a slant six in it - that has been a great engine. I have not looked at it in a long time, but I think it has the intake and exhaust manifolds on the same side? I just bought a army surplus warehouse tug with the same engine and only 400 hours. I am keeping it for a replacement engine for the forklift.

The 30° inclination of the Slant-6 gave a lower height overall engine package, which enabled vehicle stylists to lower hoodlines, and also made room for the water pump to be mounted with a significant lateral offset, significantly shortening the engine's overall length. In addition, the slanted cylinder block provided ample space under the hood for intake and exhaust manifolds with runners of longer and more nearly equal length compared to the rake- or log-style manifolds typical of other inline engines. The Slant-6 manifold configuration gives relatively even distribution of fuel mixture to all cylinders, and presents less flow restriction. This, in turn, makes for relatively good airflow through the engine despite the intake and exhaust ports being on the same side of the head rather than in a crossflow arrangement.

• Like 1

The 30° inclination of the Slant-6 gave a lower height overall engine package, which enabled vehicle stylists to lower hoodlines, and also made room for the water pump to be mounted with a significant lateral offset, significantly shortening the engine's overall length. In addition, the slanted cylinder block provided ample space under the hood for intake and exhaust manifolds with runners of longer and more nearly equal length compared to the rake- or log-style manifolds typical of other inline engines. The Slant-6 manifold configuration gives relatively even distribution of fuel mixture to all cylinders, and presents less flow restriction. This, in turn, makes for relatively good airflow through the engine despite the intake and exhaust ports being on the same side of the head rather than in a crossflow arrangement.

You are on the right track but it had nothing to do with hoodlines, or styling in the early stages of the engines development. Efficiency was a factor.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.