All the MOPARS Laying Around Here

umodelnut

A slant 6 in a U model, huh?

dog-with-head-tilted-thumb16316710.jpg

The dog is practicing that "rollover" look from the rt. side.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

OK boys, here are some pictures of Mopar stuff Papa has. There is his 1965 Plymouth Sattelite, my 1955 Dodge C3 Pickup, then theres the whole length of of the barn FULL of parts, and in the rafters is some parts. Then outside is some Dodge truck cabs and frames, we are going to build a Dodge Warlock, then there is the 1965 Plymouth Belvedere II (parts car for the Sattelite) then we have our wood hauler, the many years put together Dodge pickup. The Sattelite and my pickup, are both complete. Weve just taken stuff off of them.

Vinny show your PaPa some of these, I, also like the 65,66,an 67 Mopar's!! I have a nice 65 Coronet 500 drop-top 426 Wedge 4-speed (stock) it needs total resto. The one in the trailer was a Coronet 440 with a 273 V-8 but IT's gonna have a big big HEMI in It's new life!

post-5662-0-39587100-1341757943_thumb.jp

Vinny show your PaPa some of these, I, also like the 65,66,an 67 Mopar's!! I have a nice 65 Coronet 500 drop-top 426 Wedge 4-speed (stock) it needs total resto. The one in the trailer was a Coronet 440 with a 273 V-8 but IT's gonna have a big big HEMI in It's new life!

• Like 1

Prolly sounds a little "hokey" (especially coming from a non-mopar man) but i always thought these were kinda neat,i know where there is one in need of a total resto,been thinking about stopping by and see what the deal is with it...........................Mark

post-5836-0-91440600-1341767509.jpg

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

The 30° inclination of the Slant-6 gave a lower height overall engine package, which enabled vehicle stylists to lower hoodlines, and also made room for the water pump to be mounted with a significant lateral offset, significantly shortening the engine's overall length. In addition, the slanted cylinder block provided ample space under the hood for intake and exhaust manifolds with runners of longer and more nearly equal length compared to the rake- or log-style manifolds typical of other inline engines. The Slant-6 manifold configuration gives relatively even distribution of fuel mixture to all cylinders, and presents less flow restriction. This, in turn, makes for relatively good airflow through the engine despite the intake and exhaust ports being on the same side of the head rather than in a crossflow arrangement.

That is the most intelligent written and spelled thing I have ever read on here!

You are on the right track but it had nothing to do with hoodlines, or styling in the early stages of the engines development. Efficiency was a factor.

Rob

Tell us more? I always thought the way they sound when you start them sounded kind of cheap.