Almost done with the restoration and now ready for the glass. We're trying to put new glass in the windshield ... all of a sudden the 2 gaskets and glass all look foreign. anyone have instructions for the layout and the process for installing them? thanx!

Btw, looking to do this tomorrow am ... answers asap would be greatly appreciated!

Almost done with the restoration and now ready for the glass. We're trying to put new glass in the windshield ... all of a sudden the 2 gaskets and glass all look foreign. anyone have instructions for the layout and the process for installing them? thanx!

Btw, looking to do this tomorrow am ... answers asap would be greatly appreciated!

Sounds like your getting ready for a truck show. Sorry, I wish I could help during this very needed time. I would have to get ahold of Olson's Gaskets and ask those guys if it were me. Or pm someone on this site that has a LJ.

regards

mike

There are three gaskets for the window.

One gasket has a rib that goes into the groove on the window frame and the tail of this gasket will contact the sheetmetal of the cab. It will have to be trimmed on a 45 for the corners and trimmed where the corner reinforcement of the frame is located so everything will lay flat.

Put this gasket on the frame and then put the frame in the cab opening. Then you will have to screw the frame to the cab. It takes about 10 screws or so per frame.

The second gasket goes into the aluminum frame and this will receive the glass. It is sort of an L shape. Will have to be trim in the corners like before.

Now you put the glass into this rubber and it will just sit there.

The third gasket is sort of a rounded taper shape that goes all the way around and the square section locks the glass into the aluminum frame. The taper will show when done.

Use soap such as DL or a pumice free GoJo to help lubricate the rubber when trying to insert the key of the first gasket into the frame. Soap isn't needed too much for the other gaskets.

Also, when installing the first gasket DON"T stretch it out or when you try to cut the 45 in the corners it will pull back leaving a gap. It will seem tempting to stretch but it will screw you up!!! Use a little 3M black weatherstrip adhesive on the 45's. There is no need to use w/s adhesive on anything else. Just a little at the 45's

Hope this might help.

Jim

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.