Nice R700 on Truckpaper

Must be early production using the small cab, no dynatard, and the Farr air cleaner assembly.

Worth working with. Thanks for posting.

Uncle Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Must be early production using the small cab, no dynatard, and the Farr air cleaner assembly.

Worth working with. Thanks for posting.

Uncle Rob

Rob why did the early to mid 70s V8s have the Farr air cleaner, did they flow more air than the donaldson. Ron

Rob why did the early to mid 70s V8s have the Farr air cleaner, did they flow more air than the donaldson. Ron

In my opinion yes, by far. Generator specifications called for Farr units when noise was not a concern. They were the worst as far as dampening the incoming air noise where Donaldson, and the other competitors excel. Farr brand had the largest filter media available and exposed to the air stream and used porous tubes to increase the filter area even more.

They fell out of favor as the engines were starting to become quieter in operation.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

My RS795LST has one and it is just like a big sterio box (music to ears :notworthy::SMOKIE-LFT: ). As far as I now most of the 325s had farr air cleaners as a standard and the 375 had it as an option (donaldson was standard). I fully intend to keep mine on mty truck. There's my 2 cents :whistling: .

Thanks, Josh :bulldog3::SMOKIE-LFT:

My RS795LST has one and it is just like a big sterio box (music to ears :notworthy::SMOKIE-LFT: ). As far as I now most of the 325s had farr air cleaners as a standard and the 375 had it as an option (donaldson was standard). I fully intend to keep mine on mty truck. There's my 2 cents :whistling: .

Thanks, Josh :bulldog3::SMOKIE-LFT:

Any pictures Josh?

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Rob and Josh both of mine have 325s with the Farr, they sound like there sucking alot air when standing beside them, sounds like music to your ears for sure. Thanks Ron

If a water manometer is placed across a Farr box filter, and an equally sized Donaldson filter, it will still be found the Farr is a lot less restrictive. They are not much quieter in operation than an open intake with no filter however.

Rob

Yes but I suspect the truck was built in 72, and sold as a 73. They were allowed to deplete existing inventories in the production run on many things.

Rob

Seems like MACK changed the dash(and cab) mid year '73 model production.The early '73's were still steel,late '73's padded.That is a nice complete truck.I like the genuine MACK accessory door panels.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA