Batteries r. Killing me

What do you run? Are you leaving something on? Something running you might not realise or think nothing about? with all I run mine average 1.5 to 2 years after that it is only a matter of time before it won't start. How long do you sit with the truck off inverter on? is your alternator good? Idk just throwing questions out there.

probably just ran them to far down. I start mine every 10 to 12 hours let it run for an hour or so. fridge,dome light if needed,printer if needed,was cooking but the inverter doesn't like the big skillet and the generator is off the truck. 2 computers. probably more but can't remember. usually start the truck in the morning to charge and make coffee. they draw alot

Ye ol' U of mine almost didnt start. We crancked it, cold start like 2 days in a row. Then I shut it down and the low air buzzer was still on. I thought that was weird. Then I started it a few minutes later and it turned over for a few seconds then started. So Papa told me to let him get in there. I was jealous cause he got to rev it up. I like reving it with the hand throttle!!!! The belt squeaks and I hear my Ol' 237 Maxidyne Bark Like A Bulldog!!!

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Chassis batteries are not designed for the prolonged use they are getting. Their purpose is to provide a sudden burst of power to turn the engine and then be recharged. You are using them as a recreation vehicle battery and they will not perform. My Prevost bus, which is a motorhome, has four group 31 batteries just for chassis use. For the house batteries, there are six huge 8D batteries. Most motorhomes are set up this way - batteries for the chassis and a separate set for the house. You are using the chassis batteries for house use, tv, coffee pot, printer, chargers, inverters, etc and they will not last. You might try reducing the charge intervals from 12 hours to 3 to 4 hours. Just my 2 cents worth.

Denny

330-550-6020

A "Mack Pack" Charter Member

I assume you have dual boxes, four batteries. Nearly all CHU's with a sleeper are 4 battery.

-If you have a single L/S box you could have too much voltage drop. Consider adding another positive cable from the starter to batt box. We do that on GU's when the box is back on the left side.

-Do you have a disconnect switch?