Cool U model stuff im finding on flickr

Cool stuff, Cousin Vinny. I could sure go for a Detroit-Powered U Model, that's for sure.

Cousin Ben

Last fall there was a Detroit powered "U" model at the YRC terminal in Morton, IL. I actually seen it dropping off a piece of freight. I use YRC due to contract and I personally just like the guys there. They were not running the truck and it was being rotated out. It disappeared shortly afterward. It was pretty rough but supposed to run good.

Uncle Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Last fall there was a Detroit powered "U" model at the YRC terminal in Morton, IL. I actually seen it dropping off a piece of freight. I use YRC due to contract and I personally just like the guys there. They were not running the truck and it was being rotated out. It disappeared shortly afterward. It was pretty rough but supposed to run good.

Uncle Rob

Hmm, I bet they scrapped it. That stinks.

Ben

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

Hmm, I bet they scrapped it. That stinks.

Ben

I don't know for certain. The truck left with several others out of the yard. Could have went to an auction. The name was spray painted over on the doors as usual and the cab was rusty, but it supposedly ran well.

Uncle Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

uncle rob you got any pics of that u model?

No as I didn't have a camera with me. It was orange and blue as most were, (along with a lot of rust).

Uncle Rob

No as I didn't have a camera with me. It was orange and blue as most were, (along with a lot of rust).

Uncle Rob

Old Big-R joke-

"why does Big R paint the fenders on their trucks blue?"

"so the drivers know which end goes under the trailer"......................crickets chirping..............

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Old Big-R joke-

"why does Big R paint the fenders on their trucks blue?"

"so the drivers know which end goes under the trailer"......................crickets chirping..............

I hear em; where's the sprayer......

Rob

Vinny

Thanks for posting the picture of the Boyertown Burial Casket Co. Macks. I work for them for almost 12 years until they were bought out and closed down in 1987. I started as a salesman, then regional manager in Cleveland and Detroit and finally marketing manager working out of the home office in Boyertown,,PA where that photo was taken. They were only 20 miles south of Macungie and had a fleet of U and R Macks.

When I was transferred back to the Boyertown in 1986, they still had a B Model that was used for yard and local work. I often wondered what happened to those Macks.

Denny

330-550-6020

A "Mack Pack" Charter Member

Vinny

Thanks for posting the picture of the Boyertown Burial Casket Co. Macks. I work for them for almost 12 years until they were bought out and closed down in 1987. I started as a salesman, then regional manager in Cleveland and Detroit and finally marketing manager working out of the home office in Boyertown,,PA where that photo was taken. They were only 20 miles south of Macungie and had a fleet of U and R Macks.

When I was transferred back to the Boyertown in 1986, they still had a B Model that was used for yard and local work. I often wondered what happened to those Macks.

hey DCR, do you have any pictures of their U models?

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Do not have any pictures of any of their Macks. A couple of the drivers knew I was a truck/Mack nut and would let me pull the truck in to unload or back out after but never took any pics. Now, many years later I wished I had.

Denny

330-550-6020

A "Mack Pack" Charter Member

Vin,that last picture (the one you like) is from a company near where i used to live in South Jersey,they had both U's and R's last i saw they were running CH's and at least one CX. They were big into rental trailers,and imagine they liked the U-models for putting trailers into difficult places.....................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Vin,that last picture (the one you like) is from a company near where i used to live in South Jersey,they had both U's and R's last i saw they were running CH's and at least one CX. They were big into rental trailers,and imagine they liked the U-models for putting trailers into difficult places.....................................Mark

Cool thanks Mark :twothumbsup:

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg