The Wal-Mart Sto'

other dog

I put a nice beast roast with some potatoes,onion,carrots, and a can of mushroom soup in the crock pot this morning- no pink slime though. Then I went over to "the Wal-Mart Sto' ". That's what I wrote on the check, just to see if they'd notice. They didn't. Got a haircut, some onion sets, and some cabbage and broccoli plants.

I was sitting on a bench in front of the haircut getting place while I waited, just watching the "people of Wal-Mart". Man, you sure see a lot of strange looking characters in that place. Should have taken my phone and taken pictures, but i'm not that bold. They probably thought I was a freak too.

Then we came home and I changed oil in the pickup, ran the tiller through the garden,planted some onions, a few Yukon Gold potatoes, and the cabbage and broccoli.

Now i'm goofing off, which is my usual Saturday routine. I'm headed for Latrobe with a load of lumber tomorrow.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I just give them a blank check and they ring up the amount of purchase. Most times don't even sign the paper check, just the electronic authorization.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

On the rare occasion I make it to the WalMart, I only use the credit card from work or my debit/credit card. My favorite is signing strange names like "Peter Goesinya" or "Iva Biggun". I always get the "signature accepted" when I'm done, no matter what I write. :huh:

Terry

Julian, PA

Don't do wally World. Even though it is about 1/4 mile from here.

Rather go to Napa. Get 8 gal. Rotella 15-40, 5 gal. pail of hydraulic oil, spare bulbs for various lites, shop towels, PB Blaster, spray paint, 3/4 impact sockets, air connections of any kind, .......

And they know me. Also, no "strange" people go there

• Like 1

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Don't do wally World. Even though it is about 1/4 mile from here.

Rather go to Napa. Get 8 gal. Rotella 15-40, 5 gal. pail of hydraulic oil, spare bulbs for various lites, shop towels, PB Blaster, spray paint, 3/4 impact sockets, air connections of any kind, .......

And they know me. Also, no "strange" people go there

you cain't get a haircut at NAPA!..or plants...sugar...or the 2 new bras Jo got.

I just give them a blank check and they ring up the amount of purchase. Most times don't even sign the paper check, just the electronic authorization.

Rob

that's what I usually do but I was thinking "the wal-mart sto" for some reason today.

The only grocery store in town here, (besides the convenience stores) is no longer locally owned. The corporation that actually owns this store really jacked up the pricing on anything they could being an average of 25% almost overnight after acquisition from the former local owner. Now groceries were already considerably higher in cost with his ownership, but he just could not compete with the truckload purchasing power or Wal-Mart and the like but customer loyalty was still prevelant. For years, this grocery store was branded an "IGA" franchise. When "County Market" assumed ownership, and the pricing exponentially increased, many, (including myself) bailed. I now shop heavy at Wal-Mart for groceries but do not purchase oil, batteries, and other automotive needs there as that type business is still locally owned. My dollars spent at locally owned businesses helps feed local families, pays local taxes, and supports local infrastructure to a much larger degree than non locally owned businesses. I typically do not purchase on pricing alone.

It is the service that matters most to me. Wal-Mart gives the same amount of personal service as the local grocery store and you know how much that is. I don't see a need to pay a higher price for piss poor service. It is kind of like purchasing a car from a dealer that won't work with you when you have warranty problems; you probably wouldn't purchase your next car there.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I never liked the bras from Wal-Mart. The elastic went out of both mine too early supporting my so called "Man Boobs", (according to my daughter Nikki).

Rob

I never liked the bras from Wal-Mart. The elastic went out of both mine too early supporting my so called "Man Boobs", (according to my daughter Nikki).

Rob

Being around "truckers" it would be easy for you to pick up some rubber tie downs with one end broken, just make a loop in the broken end, attach it to the "bro" (or man-ssiere) and you will get all the support you need!

I hafta side with Hatcity, I would druther take a ass whooping with a barbed wire wrapped bois'D arc fencepost than go in walmart. Ifn nunna yall is familiar with bois'd arc, or Bodark, thats one hard as hell lil tree that grows round here parts, even harder than hickory, and prolly last 400 years. I detest walmart, a lots,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,r a n d y p

Being around "truckers" it would be easy for you to pick up some rubber tie downs with one end broken, just make a loop in the broken end, attach it to the "bro" (or man-ssiere) and you will get all the support you need!

New bungee straps are cheap enough in the dollar bin at Carquest I just got them. A little gorilla tape on the plastic ends and they last and look good.

Rob

Dang, Rob said "gorilla" and I got erected! Now what am i supposed to do with this? randyp

Tape that thing to your leg and jump up and down a few times till the pain makes it go away while staring at the photo.

Rob

post-78-0-18309400-1331428788.jpg

• Like 1

A man would have to be mighty drunk to see the beauty in that,by then he couldn't do anything with it, maybe thats why Bills nose looks like the road map of Road Island. Wally World, not for me, always local owned. Found a really nice old hardware store in Bangor the other day, allready got a list, going back.

We got one old hardware store, if they dont have it, it dont exist. They have the best assortment of bolts and screws on the planet. Im a regular there, sometimes just stop to visit and get a cup of coffee. Ive always told owner if he got ready to sell, i will buy it. i like that old place, smells good, people are nice,,,screw walmart. If im in next town over sometimes, I kinda like Lowes too. screw walmart,,with a pink artificial pecker. fornicate walmart. randyp

hehe,,i dont go there either,,and we got like 5 of them here,in reno,,thier taking over,,and i dont like any of there operating ethics,,,would rather go without,,than go there,,,we also have a number of small retailers,,auto parts,hardware,exc...id rather trade with.bob

Rob

Closest Walmart here is 1.5 hours away and I have been there when passing by. I too have bought skivves there but after the first wash the kinda fit funny...

Closest Walmart here is 1.5 hours away and I have been there when passing by. I too have bought skivves there but after the first wash the kinda fit funny...

Always too loose of fit due to absence of "the boys".

Rob

It sounds like your scrubbing to hard. I always perform pre and post-trip inspections when showering to check for any loose, broken, or missing parts.

I do not like Wal*Mart but my Wife does and I play along out of fear. I won't go there on my own though.

Jim