Tube to tubeless?

If you can come up with rims/tires at a fair price. If you have to get new..........Yowza, low grade 22.5's are about $350-400/each.

I changed my truck over 10 yrs ago and it cost me $1800 for six recon rims and new Yokohoma's. Near double that now. I put a lot of highway miles, so I didn't want to run 25 yr old tube tires that were on the truck. If you just poke around town, I wouldn't sweat it.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

When I went with tubeless in 2008 it was-

ten- 22.5 tubless rims from junk yard-$200.00

eight-recapped virgin casing (pulled from production line at goodyear for quality assurance)-$1825 included blasting/powder coating rims and mounting

2-New Steer Tires-$725 included blasting/powder coating rims,balance bean bags,and mounting.

Total-$2750 plus FET

Plus they took the old casings of my tube-type free of charge.This was a deal because of a long time business relationship with this tire outfit.

I would go ahead and switch it over because the old tube type tires are getting hard to come by not very many tire cos still making them another thing around not very many tire shops will dismount and mount them afraid they will blow apart. I changed a truck over about two years ago I bought used rims for 75.00 apiece had them sandblasted painted them myself then bought tires done all the changing myself saved some money

Spoke

If you were needing budd wheels, I just bought a trailer from a utility company that has like new tires on it. I bought it for storage and I am going to sell all eight wheels and tires. They are nice tubeless 11R22.5 radials on budd wheels.

post-6658-0-32609200-1330563404_thumb.jp

post-6658-0-56960300-1330563492_thumb.jp

Sorry they are not spoke wheels!

The old tube type are getting harder to find for sure! Tubeless rubber is so much more advanced and trouble free its not even funny! The only downside is the looks of the wheel vs. tube type wheels,when your looking for that nostalgic look.But the safety and piece of mind,far outweigh any look in my book!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA