Nice "F" model in CA:

Rob

I see it still only has a hand brake in it.

That's the cab latch - they weren't hydraulic tilt either

You always wanted to make sure the little hook thingy caught the proper piece down under there too -- or you might be looking at the pavement if you had to stop quick. :lol:

Terry

Julian, PA

Ah so...............KInda wondered about that when I saw it. Wasn't thinking about a tilting cab. Also looks like a real bieotch to climb over getting in/out of the bunk!

What I don't see is the TPV or the parking brakes.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Ah so...............KInda wondered about that when I saw it. Wasn't thinking about a tilting cab. Also looks like a real bieotch to climb over getting in/out of the bunk!

What I don't see is the TPV or the parking brakes.

i think on mine the brake valves were further back on that panel,with the wiper knobs,,also my cab release was over behind the passenger seat,...bob

Been about 20 years since I was in that old of an F model, but I'm thinking that the brake buttons were back almost above the shifter(s).

The one picture shows the wiper knobs, the marker light switch, and then the parking/headlight switch. Pretty sure the brake buttons were the next in that row.

Terry

Julian, PA

The old F models hand the manual hand lever parking brake mounted on the dash,next to the steering wheel.It was placed there so your hand would hit the lever when applied,therefore you wouldn't drive with it on.The truck tractor protection valve was to the right of the drivers seat,right where the doghouse met the sleeper.My younger brother(he was 4 or 5 at the time) was riding with my Grandpa in his '68 F785 one day.He woke up in the sleeper and went to sit right at the edge of the bunk next to Grandpa and hit the TTP switch with his foot.Brought them to a pretty quick stop.The TTP switch in a F was mounted up & down,not side to side like on a B model.

The cab release latch looked just like a brake lever and was mounted a the back of the doghouse.There was also a safety catch you had to pull before the cab would tilt.On the sleeper cabs,it was a cable pull,inside the right door,right next to the tool compartent pull cable,day cabs had a metal rod at back of the cab.Those old cabs tilted pretty easy as long as the torsion bar was in good shape.

[

Its up over $5,000.00 with 7 days to go. Looks good though. Joe D.

I bid it up, but I am out - it is at $5700.00 - but the reserve is not met - You would have to do a lot of searchin to still maybe never find one that clean. I wish it still had the original trans.

[

I bid it up, but I am out - it is at $5700.00 - but the reserve is not met - You would have to do a lot of searchin to still maybe never find one that clean. I wish it still had the original trans.

That's the bad part,with the original 13 speed double over Triplex,it would have had decent road speed.I don't know what the OD ratio is on those old 915's but I bet it ain't near as fast now.

Overdrive ratio on RTO 915 is .81 19%.I hope they put in overdrive trans not direct. Olivetroad I was also bidding but was outbid early. One of the nicest original F-Models I ever saw that was not restored. In reality it would be cheaper to buy this F-Model in nice shape than find one that needs restoring. You would put quite a bit more to bring one up to this condition. Joe D.

Talked to the guy selling it. Said the reserve is set at 10k but he's gonna re-list and lower it. It's an excess truck and thery need to get rid of it in 30 days. It was a Kern County Fire equipment hauler. I've got a place to store it if someone wants to bid on it and pick it up later. The Dept. that owns it is known for taking good care of their fleet. Too rich for my blood. I gotta spend alot to get my other two up to par first but I can see how it'd be easy to become a hoarder with these trucks.