Your paint opnions please,

I'm gonna send my helper "Jaime" over your way to saw that hood in half cause that's what he likes to do. Then you won't have near the concern about the paint.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

The company my father worked for had 2 R models that looked really nice. One had the hood green with the depressed area that the top and back grey. They other was blue with grey. The cabs were white. There is an old picture of an R model in the recent gallery pictures that is red except for the depressed are in the hood that is white. Something like that would look really good on your U model.

Mike

The depressed area is black on mine. Im painting it back green , it needs that done pretty bad. Now I dont want a entirely green truck so I was thinking of just doing the fenders Or the fenders and all around like in this picture.

Rob no need to cutting my hood down , its already half the size of a R models ha ha

post-2596-0-96951800-1326293689_thumb.pn

The depressed area is black on mine. Im painting it back green , it needs that done pretty bad. Now I dont want a entirely green truck so I was thinking of just doing the fenders Or the fenders and all around like in this picture.

Rob no need to cutting my hood down , its already half the size of a R models ha ha

allotta U,s were painted like this one in the 70,s and 80,s they looked real good.bob

I dont have a need to get that far Vinny, the underside of my hood is already painted and same with the cab. I guess someone down the line already did that on mine or just kept it up real well.

Now I need the temp. in the 70's so I can get started.

Im painting the front end like Mark , bumblebee, and others said.

I dont have a need to get that far Vinny, the underside of my hood is already painted and same with the cab. I guess someone down the line already did that on mine or just kept it up real well.

Cool!! Cant wait to see it all done!

• Like 1

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

You're gonna use a spray bomb can so we can all criticize, chastize, and pick it apart aren't you?

I certainly wouldn't want to miss a golden opportunity.

I hear the boys lining up at that gates already.

Should look quite fine when done. That scheme was what I preferred.

Rob

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I thought the guys in here were better than that , if I post a picture of my truck you guys arent allowed to pick it apart or make fun of it, I tried really hard , dang it.

Ha .. ha ... ha ...

I got a new spray gun from a friend of my wifes pretty dang cheap, her hubby never did use it, so im going to attack the truck with that. No spray cans will be used or harmed in the process!

I thought the guys in here were better than that , if I post a picture of my truck you guys arent allowed to pick it apart or make fun of it, I tried really hard , dang it.

Ha .. ha ... ha ...

I got a new spray gun from a friend of my wifes pretty dang cheap, her hubby never did use it, so im going to attack the truck with that. No spray cans will be used or harmed in the process!

You obviously haven't met me yet. And you thought whale shit under a rock at the bottom of the Mariana's Trench was low...........

Rob

You're gonna use a spray bomb can so we can all criticize, chastize, and pick it apart aren't you?

I certainly wouldn't want to miss a golden opportunity.

I hear the boys lining up at that gates already.

Should look quite fine when done. That scheme was what I preferred.

Rob

now thats hilarious,,i like the rattle can caper,,,i expect it would certainly draw a crowd here,lol.bob