Some more pictures 2

vision386

Took a page from Otherdog's book,started going through my pictures that i had saved but never used.......here are some of them..........Mark

Mark,

That looks like an R- International with the nose ext and the diamond plate on the front, boy that was a nice cool lookin truck!! The guy my Dad used to moon lite for on the week ends had one like that but without the sleeper an was a twin screw

Ernie DS

The B model and trailer reminds me of the one in PA at Chalmers place. Looks like it was driven there and parked.

One of our former drivers told me about some place in Pa. that he passed by and saw some old trucks and said the exact same thing- "they look like they were driven there and parked".

He said one was a B-model hooked to an old reefer- that could be where he was talking about.

I searched google earth for a long time looking where he thought he saw them. I did find a B-model but he said that wasn't the one he saw. I'll see if I marked the spot on google earth.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Mark,

That looks like an R- International with the nose ext and the diamond plate on the front, boy that was a nice cool lookin truck!! The guy my Dad used to moon lite for on the week ends had one like that but without the sleeper an was a twin screw

Ernie DS

Thats what i thought it was too Ernie, R-series IH,not sure what model it is,but it had the extended hood for bigger engine/cooling maybe?................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

That guy is after my heart - old Macks for trucks and old v-dubs for cars. I have been driving a VW diesel rabbit that would fit right in there

Good cars! my late uncle had one (diesel rabbit) tried to sell it to me,but i passed cause i thought it was too small,kinda wish i hada bought it now,he was getting 50/60 mpg (was a stick shift)but,you know what they say about hindsight!................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Only drawback to those diesel rabbit cars was that a moderate headwind would knock your mileage down into the high 20's as you struggled to maintain 50mph! The turbocharged variants would do much better but the natural engines didn't like to get out of their own way.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

The B model and trailer reminds me of the one in PA at Chalmers place. Looks like it was driven there and parked.

you got an exact address for those trucks? Do you have any info on them?

Love to get a few more pics of them!

Tom

"Nothing Breaks Wind Like A Bulldog"

Thats what i thought it was too Ernie, R-series IH,not sure what model it is,but it had the extended hood for bigger engine/cooling maybe?................................Mark

Yeah Mark, Maybe a R-220 I drove a couple of R-190 an 200's in my day an couldn't tell the diff. between them except one had a 406 gas motor and the other had a 502 inline 6 with a 4 barrel Holley an a split exhust manifold with duel exhust!! 5speed OD and 2 speed rear a very fast truck and pulled it's ass off! I remember on the dash it said Inernational Roadliner, the only thing I didn't like about them is that you almost sat on the floor!

Ernie DS....PS the guy who owned those truck's was I Spiegel Trucking in Harrison NJ, Thats the same guy that I was tellin you about that had all of those 359 APA Brockway's an the MB 400's stright trucks

Can't believe I didn't pin the location on that truck I saw on google earth. Did see an old Autocar on rt. 16 in Pa. that I pinned. The b-model I saw was white with a red stripe around it. I also saw the same truck on a youtube video about old trucks.

I'm going to google 5630 Lincoln Highway now- the no. on the building in the picture is 5630, and if you were coming from Gettysburg you were probably on 30, eh?

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Can't believe I didn't pin the location on that truck I saw on google earth. Did see an old Autocar on rt. 16 in Pa. that I pinned. The b-model I saw was white with a red stripe around it. I also saw the same truck on a youtube video about old trucks.

I'm going to google 5630 Lincoln Highway now- the no. on the building in the picture is 5630, and if you were coming from Gettysburg you were probably on 30, eh?

good idea! IF thats the address let me know!

Tom

"Nothing Breaks Wind Like A Bulldog"

Take a wheelbarrow of cash should you decide to purchase something. John is a nice guy but his parts are expensive.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.