Emblem Question

I was hoping some of the experts here could tell me a little about this emblem that I came across. It's 6" diameter and is brand new never been mounted. At least it looks like it has never been nounted because the 2 posts in the back don't have a scratch on it. Could anyone tell me what year and model this came from? I'm thinking about selling it on ebay but I don't have a clue what I should be asking for it or expect to get.

Thanks in advance for any help with this!

post-2054-0-12000300-1325386377_thumb.jp

I was hoping some of the experts here could tell me a little about this emblem that I came across. It's 6" diameter and is brand new never been mounted. At least it looks like it has never been nounted because the 2 posts in the back don't have a scratch on it. Could anyone tell me what year and model this came from? I'm thinking about selling it on ebay but I don't have a clue what I should be asking for it or expect to get.

Thanks in advance for any help with this!

Fire truck. I think the CF series had them in later years.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Superdog is correct,beat me to the punch! i too believe this was only used on the western Cruiseliner series trucks,it was located in the center of the grille,i believe an emblem like this should realize $40.00/$50.00 to the right collector,would'nt mind having it myself actually!....................................Mark

post-5836-0-97068800-1325390799_thumb.jp

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Superdog is correct,beat me to the punch! i too believe this was only used on the western Cruiseliner series trucks,it was located in the center of the grille,i believe an emblem like this should realize $40.00/$50.00 to the right collector,would'nt mind having it myself actually!....................................Mark

New to me. I was gonna purchase a new one from a guy on ebay, said it was from a fire truck that was never used at the station he worked at.

Buyer beware sometimes I suppose. I've never seen one in person myself.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

New to me. I was gonna purchase a new one from a guy on ebay, said it was from a fire truck that was never used at the station he worked at.

Buyer beware sometimes I suppose. I've never seen one in person myself.

Rob

I am pretty sure it is the same emblem that was used on some "C" model custom fire cabs....let me see if i can dig up a pic......

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

The C-model fire emblem was also used on buses, It was large and has the side profile of the old dog and Mack written on it. The Cruise liner emblem comes with a silver or gold Bulldog. As far as I know it was only used on the first year Cruise-liner's from 1975. It was never used on anything else again. There is more info on a post some time ago that was about Mack emblems. I'll see if I can find the post.

Here it is...

http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?/topic/834-model-specific-mack-emblems/page__hl__%2Bmack+%2Bemblems__fromsearch__1

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

Doug,

That was a very interesting discussion. I thought it was a fire truck emblem to start, but now realize the difference. Will you post the pictures of the emblems that you mentioned? My 1950 LFT has Mack Diesel in an oval on both sides of the hood. I am told this was only for the trucks with lanovas in them. Not sure if that is true. As you know, most diesel L models have Mack and Diesel script emblems separate.

Michael Yarnall.

Doug,

That was a very interesting discussion. I thought it was a fire truck emblem to start, but now realize the difference. Will you post the pictures of the emblems that you mentioned? My 1950 LFT has Mack Diesel in an oval on both sides of the hood. I am told this was only for the trucks with lanovas in them. Not sure if that is true. As you know, most diesel L models have Mack and Diesel script emblems separate.

Michael Yarnall.

I have a '52 LF with the Lanova that does not have Mack Diesel on both sides of the hood in an oval, but it is far from complete...

Edited by speweik

Thats cause its a Kenworth, not a real Mack! b0bo

Those are actually the real emblems sewn into the head-rest if you look carefully,cant imagine that being too comfortable on the head!.....................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.