port7.jpg

port8.jpg

port10.jpg

port9.jpg

port17.jpg

port13.jpg

port16.jpg

port11.jpg

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

There was ton of equipment, trailers and trucks ,mostly Mack and Freightliners going to South America. I was told that DM nd U models are prefered in Arghentina in certain areas. I finally got to use my TWIC card and took "spy camera phone pics. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Surpised to see the DM's , I was told they didnt like the off set cab ones. And the Green early production 60's R model makes me sick!

im with ya jay! all us on BMT should do something about it! i still want to cry about that u model. but my u model probonly would have been one of those pictures because im 90 percent shure mine would have either been parted out or E-X-P-O-R-T-E-D. :thumbsdown::icon_bs::icon_bs: :icon_bs: :icon_bs: :icon_bs: :icon_bs: :icon_bs: :icon_bs:

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

There was ton of equipment, trailers and trucks ,mostly Mack and Freightliners going to South America. I was told that DM nd U models are prefered in Arghentina in certain areas. I finally got to use my TWIC card and took "spy camera phone pics. Paul

hay paul you can go do some more spying for me and get the serial number on that u model. and any info on it. it could be my christmas present. or even better take it!! na im just kiddin. but if you can get the serial number that would be cool.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

I wanted to get data plate pics on a few but don't think I was even supposed to be snapping photos at all. From what I can gather the Argentinans take pretty good care of their trucks and have a big Mack following (must be all the German) I would rather they were here but where they're headed is better than Africa or Asia I guess.

P.T.CHESHIRE

I wanted to get data plate pics on a few but don't think I was even supposed to be snapping photos at all. From what I can gather the Argentinans take pretty good care of their trucks and have a big Mack following (must be all the German) I would rather they were here but where they're headed is better than Africa or Asia I guess.

They must not speak English or they would have found BMT by now.

It sucks to see them leave but just think in 20 years we hopefully see pics of them still working. I hear that in Africa and south America they can still get parts for them? That and the older macks are just fool proof to work on..no electronics. No air bags just a tuff old work horse. I hear that they are buying a lot more ch macks now that a lot of the r models are gone...I know that a lot of these trucks sell for 6k-7k. That's a lot more than most of us would or could pay for a hobby truck. Hell I bought my RS700L for 3k in 2005. The export cost is also not that much. So we can't afford them. Most drivers here don't like the small cab old truck. The 3rd world drivers want them and like them. .

This Breaks my Heart to see this !!! NO WONDER WHY I CAN'T FIND A DECENT OLDER R MODEL U MODEL OR DM MODEL !!!! THEY'RE ALL GOIN' OUT OF THE COUNTRY!!!! OR GETTING SCRAPPED!!!! WTH??? I Guess some folks see $$$$ signs exporting older :MackLogo: . :thumbsdown: WHAT A CROCK OF :icon_bs: !!

Later

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

What port were these at? If they were taken in NY/NJ I cant beleve they trucked all those trucks up here from Texas just to be shipped to South America. Its a shame they are leaving this country but I agree with others that they will be OK in Argentina.

They were all at the Pensacola Port in Fla. They all had the same Shipping agent id with them, same ship and same port of destination in Puerto Madryn Argentina. There were trucks from all over the eastern and central U.S.A. there. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

When where they set to deport?

Tom

I was there Friday morning ,so I probably think this week?

P.T.CHESHIRE

I'da kinda liked to see this one stay here,looks like its already earned its retirement,reminds me of one i drove early in my truckin carreer,1972,237,5 speed a damn good truck,hard to find a good single axle R-model anymore............................Mark

post-5836-0-09449800-1324426991_thumb.jp

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.