Mack Australia getting a 685HP mP10

Looks like Mack is getting an MP10 rated to 685HP Down Under. Its putting out 2300 ft-lbs! SCR without DPF allows for a lot more HP but then again that is for Euro 5 emissions. EPA2010 is actually a lot cleaner than Euro 5. There are Euro 5 engines in Europe putting out in excess of 700HP, Volvo having the highest, 750HP!

http://www.macktrucks.com.au/default.aspx?pageid=5718 (Click the "NEW! View MP10 Engine Specifications For This Model – Coming Soon" link toward the bottom.)

Too bad the Mack Australia web site does not have any brochures on their trucks, I would like to see what other options they offer.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Give us the full power MP10, offer a full range of sleepers, and they'd have a competitive truck!

You are right on the money !! what a great lookin truck it would be!!..........But...... and here I go again...... It would out sell there Volvo and Volvo sells a lot of sleeper tractors cause they can't sell heavy dumper/mixer trucks we don't want them!! they are junk!!

• 2 weeks later...

That would mean that MACK TRUCKS Australia is ready to kick CUMMINS out of the MACK product line? I hope so. Well they got to put an all MACK integrated powertrain I guess. Sure it would be nice to have that "MP10 tweak" on U.S MP-10 engines too.

Wich Aussie MACK will get that 685 HP MP-10?

Another nice truck was manufactured by Mahindra, an Indian business. But recently I read in the news that after they declared several years ago that they are going to deliver its small, diesel pickup to the U.S. However, it now appears that it is not going to occur. Article resource: Mahindra may not bring truck to the US after all

Another nice truck was manufactured by Mahindra, an Indian business. But recently I read in the news that after they declared several years ago that they are going to deliver its small, diesel pickup to the U.S. However, it now appears that it is not going to occur. Article resource: Mahindra may not bring truck to the US after all

The 7-11 stores would have to expand

• Like 1

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

• 4 weeks later...