Oldest Working Mack?

My friend has 8 older Macks he uses for snowplowing, some are B models. Theres photos of some of them in my pictures in gallery. Another one is a B81 tractor used daily to move machines in mid connecticut. High Point Garage in Jersey runs a B model 6 wheeler mono rail wrecker daily i believe, the truck runs all over the US. At a truck show i go to in Hudson, Mass. there are always a bunch of B model dumps there with current mass Commercial Plates

Edited by BKrois

Out here in Northern CA there are several LT's that are used regularly. One pulls a lowbed hauling dozers and excavators. The other pulls an end dump. It's great to see them coming up the road at you. The lowbed tractor still has a supercharged cummins. Ever better than seeing it is hearing it coming! :)

Ours is a 1956 B63 Mack....we use it to haul tree length timber for distance of 25 miles....It is used every winter for this job....We have a picker mounted on her and use it to load& unload....also to sort the logs and carry them to our sawmill.....Shes one great girl.....Thanks

Joyce

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, This topic came up a while ago. My 1961 B61 is so good on fuel and reliable, I wouldn't think of retiring her. I bought that truck in '83 and sometimes wonder how many '83's are still on the road. In 24 years of faithful service the only time I couldn't drive it home was when I was in an accident that would have totalled a lesser truck and gotten me killed. I get a lot of smiles, waves and phone calls for work from people seeing the number on the door and when they call they remark about seeing that old truck still working. I don't intend to stop using "Baby Skiddle" until I pack it in myself. There's some more pictures in my gallery, Bobpost-545-1174790164.jpg

Ain't a Mack? Take it back!

Nice truck, I cant belive how long jimmy ran that B for. He said he stopped running it like 10 years ago. If you talk to him tell him everythings going well, shes running great and I've already started gathering parts.

There are people that complain about driving an RD or an older pete and here you are using a 61 B model. there arent many people like that out here.

post-545-1175130722_thumb.jpg

Nice truck, I cant belive how long jimmy ran that B for. He said he stopped running it like 10 years ago. If you talk to him tell him everythings going well, shes running great and I've already started gathering parts.

There are people that complain about driving an RD or an older pete and here you are using a 61 B model. there arent many people like that out here.

You're right Chris, They gotta have power ash trays, power sun visors and everything else. Me, I like a dependable truck that'll get the job done and make some money. A lot of pride in owning and driving that old "B" too. I shudder to think of what a hired driver would do to it. An outfit I worked for years ago had a '60 B61 tandem dump ,that was tough as nails & wouldn't quit so what did they do to it? Ran it (loaded) off an embankment to flip it over and destroy it. Broke my heart to see it and actually, that was the original "Baby Skiddle", the name I gave my truck. Glad to hear that you''ve got your B running and are making progress, I'll let Jimmy know when I see him. Bob

PS - Baby Skiddle may be working in a cemetary but ain't ready for one yet!

Ain't a Mack? Take it back!

• 4 weeks later...

I was at work waiting to dump a load of debris in stamford and the B model headed past me down the street. It was also followed by an R model tractor owned by the same company. The B model has been modified a little, but sure what motor it has, but it has a quad box with another aux. transmission behind it. The owner told me a baby could crawl faster than the truck in the lowest gear. This is the first year the B model has had a wetline on it, so they're using it locally to deliver mulch/etc, normally it pulls a 48' box trailer.

I was at work waiting to dump a load of debris in stamford and the B model headed past me down the street. It was also followed by an R model tractor owned by the same company. The B model has been modified a little, but sure what motor it has, but it has a quad box with another aux. transmission behind it. The owner told me a baby could crawl faster than the truck in the lowest gear. This is the first year the B model has had a wetline on it, so they're using it locally to deliver mulch/etc, normally it pulls a 48' box trailer.

is that al russo's "B" from danbury?

and remember

"PREFORMANCE COUNTS"