Nice B61 we save from the scrap this spring

Hey Guys,

I've busy working and haven't had a lot of time to post anything lately but I got some time now.

This spring my Brother and I saved a nice 1955 B61T from the scrap mans torch. Shes got an END673 with a 5 and 2 9 speed tranny. At some point in its life she went from a short single axle to a long twin screw. The frame needs some help due to the lenghtening of the frame and the scrap yard but the cab is in excelent condition. We plan to shorten it a little bit and make it a tractor. We don't plan on painting the body for now because it don't look to bad cleaned up but the frame needs painted after we fix it. I did paint some pinstripes on it and our name on the grill gaurd. We just put a new stack on it as well. Here's some pictures of it I took about 3 weeks, hopfully. Tell me what you guys think of the Junkyard Dog!

Thanks,

Josh

• Like 1

Lookin' good! thats what a classic Mack should look like,i agree,the sheet metal looks good as is,looks to be in pretty nice shape.........glad to see another one one saved from the scrapmans torch!.................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

You wonder what the "H' goes through some ones mind to scrap something like that! Looks like a great save to me! Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Nice save. I can't believe someone would actually want to scarp that!!. Hey, like your shop as well. What size door is that? I will be getting a spot ready for some future aquisitions and was wondering what size door I should be looking at