Is there a good Mack Dealer in Illinois?

I hate Glatz Truck Sales in Decatur. I tried to see what a truck is worth to purchase, and all he wanted to do is sell me a new POS. I dont want new junk that has to go to the dealer to get worked on!

He tried to feed me some CSA crap about old trucks are a dying breed and the gov. wants them off the road for safety purposes. Im not buying it! Then he turned around and wants to look at it to see its worth. I know what that was, he was gonna buy it out from under me to resell for twice the money....

What is this world coming to?

I buy parts from Northern IL mack in grayslake IL. never bought a truck from them but they have some guys that work the parts counter that know alot about the older R models. A vin is always needed to start but they can search back for superseded nimbers etc... have pulled thru many times on V8 parts and RS700L parts.

Trent

I use RDO Truck Center in Fargo, ND for parts most times. I've been set up with them for over 25 years and have always felt like they treat me right. Used to deal exclusively with the St. Louis Mack dealer, (when corporate owned, locally managed) but no more with the new mentality.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

David in N.C. recommended Tulsa Mack to me a year ago and they are great to deal with. I even have been ordering stuff for other make trucks because they are patient trying to help with older stuff and are good about figuring out what will work - very good about returns and shipping stuff quickly. Some friends of mine have traded trucks with them just over the phone and were very pleased even being so far away.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm at F&C all of the time. They really are great to deal with. Parts guys all groan when I come in and they automatically pull out the R model crash books. They're family owned now and do really good with old to new. Call Nick in parts. Charlie and Brad in parts are great as well.

I'm at F&C all of the time. They really are great to deal with. Parts guys all groan when I come in and they automatically pull out the R model crash books. They're family owned now and do really good with old to new. Call Nick in parts. Charlie and Brad in parts are great as well.

Where are they located now? Still downtown? Still have the "E" model stake bed out front? Ask if they still have the B model books,

Thanks,

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

They are still in the original building from the early 1900's when the factory owned it. The EE is safe and sound inside the shop. B Model books may be gone. They still have the R, F and WS crash books.

Any of the "old" crew still there? My grandpa bought several new trucks there through the early 70's. I have a photo of my grandma sitting on the fender of one of his new "EH", or "EQ" series trucks in the shop when it was new. She is holding a bulldog that belonged to one of the guys there at the time.

Rob