Fun thread, who has the oldest B , R , and U model Mack?

i had a 62,,,was a pretty good ride,,cept for the unishift,,used to keep hanging up in nuetral,,and the back cab mounts,,were terrible,,,main cab beam kept on breaking

the first of each model would be numbered 1001,example F607T1001.

I also have a '63 F model,F609ST.I'll start getting the VIN numbers rounded up.

My serial number is F607T 2570. I am glad this topic came up at this time. I was considering an engine swap, but I am confident now that keeping the original engine and transmission is the right thing to do.

Mowerman, mine has the TRD 67 2-stick Duplex trans. I have heard the unishift were troublesome; glad I don't have that. Also I can see where the rear cab support has been welded so I keep my eye on that. This area was obviously a problem on the F's as the rear cab support was greatly improved in later models. My '70 F785T 6150 has a completely different cab support and latch system.

Gregg

• 4 weeks later...

Ive seen one in the ATHS Show Time magazine this year, it wasnt a B61 but a B-83 I think. Mack still made the B's to order is my understanding in 1966. Nice to say my U600 was built the same time the mighty B models were.

The years produced of the different B models was all over the place. The first year of the B was 1953, but some B models did not start until 1965. The last year ranges from 1954 to 1966 and some were only built for one year. The models could start or end at any point in the year.

Mack had overlap on a lot of its models. When a new model came out, they would just keep building the old one.

The U was the replacement for the C model. The B80 series is not uncommon in 1966. Most of the DM800 models which replaced it did not start until sometime in 1966.

So I was correct ,66' was the last year of the B. Also the 1st year of the U is 64'. Ive never heard that the U was a replacement of the C model. It makes sence to me, my U shares alot of parts and things with the C model that was for sale on here.

I keep updating the list of trucks on here. Nice to see how many we have saved and own.

• 4 weeks later...