Those style N.Y. plates went out of use here in '70 or '71 so if true than it's been sitting for 40 or so years. Looks mainly solid too. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Could have been a shuttle or a yarder. The interior fits as being low use. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

My R had AeroQuip black high pressure hoses for the air line made by H.O.Penn the local Cat dealer. They looked about the same. I removed them when the chassis was stretched for my 21' equipment body. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

Looks to be used as either a spotter,"yard dog" or for local use,moving and storage companies are notorious for using equipment way past its prime mainly due to the nature of the business (light loads etc.) when i left Atlas Van lines in sept. 2006 after almost 20 years,my local agent was still using a 1972 R-600 almost daily,for both local and regional work,only major work ever done to it was to re-cab,with a newer plus 3 cab after a careless driver turned a corner to sharp and caved it in. I drove it myself on many occaisions,237- 5 speed,it was one of the least problematic trucks we had,i wish i had bought it back when i had the chance! and personally,i like the "old" glad hands and air-lines,less tangling and getting caught on the frame etc. changed my truck to straight air hoses years ago,and never looked back or had a problem,company named "techtrans" makes them,all three lines wrapped up as one,kinda like a 3 headed snake,real slick,and it looks a lot neater then them damn red and blues "curlieques"........................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Sure wish I could buy tha air horns off it for much less than the truck asking price.

mike

mike, are you lookin for original air horns? i replaced mine with a shiny set from watts. my originals are hangin on the barn wall now. i have some more original parts i replaced and hope to find the time this winter to list some of them for someone to make use of. aj

Mark, do you know the website for techtrans? Three or four basic google searches and I cannot come up with anything...

Thanks

Leslie

Leslie,sorry about that,i spelled it wrong!..................its TECHTRAN without the "s" they have my set-up pictured on their website.....................Mark

http://www.tectraninc.com/home.asp

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Unfortunately for me AJT, i'll have to say yes. I sent mine out of town back in April and the guy has not returned my e-mail with a reply as of yet. I'd like to fill the original hole in the roof with what looks original.

My Luck

mike

you can have my set of air horns if they are of use to you. here is pic of them. hopefully it attaches allright. send me shipping address if your interested and i will send them right out.

post-3642-0-24618000-1318645971_thumb.jp